We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Large wedding in Bruges

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Large wedding in Bruges

My fiancee and I are hoping to get married in Bruges this December.

We have seen several hotel and restaurant websites, but are struggling to find one that will accommodate our large wedding party - around 100 people.

The only hotel we have found so far is the Kempinski, but although it's beautiful, it doesn't quite have the charm that other buildings in Bruges have.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

London
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
960 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Large wedding in Bruges

Hi Ian

I do not know if you want to get married in Bruges, or just have a reception there.

To get married in Belgium there are restrictions, the following previous topic will provide background:

tripadvisor.co.uk/…29267039

Mentioned in this post
Belgium
Belgium
Europe
London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Large wedding in Bruges

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have read that thread of messages, and have gotten plenty of answers from it, so thanks for the link.

But I am still looking for a venue large enough to accommodate a reception party with a meal and maybe a band. It's proving very hard to find!

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Large wedding in Bruges

Somewhere like this may be able to accomodate http://www.parkrestaurant.be/index_en.htm

Bromley
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Large wedding in Bruges

Hi Ian,

Have a look at the main Concert Hall (Concertgebouw) they have a couple of large spaces that may be what you are looking for.

http://www.concertgebouw.be/cms.php?id=8

The website is in Dutch I am afraid, but Google Translation will give you an idea.

Forum 6 will have a great view over the city, it is on the 6th floor.

Forum 7 is a smaller space (may be tight for your numbers), one floor higher than Forum 6 but has a large outside terrace. Great in the summer.

You can also try searching for "Feestzaal Brugge" on google. Feestzaal are meeting or party rooms, so may be what you are looking for.

For hotels:

Crowne Plaza has event facilities

ichotelsgroup.com/h/…

Oud Huis de Peellaert - has rooms, not sure on the size though, you can also look at their sister hotels - Grand Hotel Casselbergh or Hotel Aragon

depeellaert.be/…

Novotel has events facilities:

novotel.com/gb/…meeting.shtml

NH Hotel has events facilities:

nh-hotels.com/nh/…

I am sure there are others.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Hotel Casselbergh Bruges
Grand Hotel Casselbergh...
3,727 Reviews
Bruges, Belgium
Hotel Aragon
Hotel Aragon
659 Reviews
Bruges, Belgium
5. Re: Large wedding in Bruges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2012, 09:11