We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House/apartment rental rec for family of 6

Fairfax County, VA
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
House/apartment rental rec for family of 6

Hello,

We are a family of 6 (2 adults, 4 kids ages 9-13) planning to spend five nights in Belgium in early August, following a week in Paris. A few questions re: Bruges for those that have been:

1. Worth renting a car from Paris and driving, or better to take the train? We're flying back to the US from CDG afterward.

2. Is there enough to keep us occupied in Bruges for 3 days? Assuming we'll do a day trip to Brussels and possibly one other day trip.

3. What's a reputable and recommended rental agency and/or rental owner? Any advice here greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much for the help!

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: House/apartment rental rec for family of 6

Hi,

Easily enough to do in Bruges for 3 days.

I think if I personally was travelling between Paris and Bruges I would use the train but I am not sure of the costs etc.

Take a look at the holiday flats attached to Hotel Aragon, aragon.be/… they should accomodate your needs?

Enjoy,

Rob

Bromley
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: House/apartment rental rec for family of 6

Hi

In these forums in the past I have seen the following mentioned:

Bonobo Apartments

http://www.bonobo.be/english/indexeng.html

House Asterix

http://www.asterixbruges.be/uk/index.htm

I have been past both of these properties and they are both well located.

Or have a look at this site, I can not vouch for them, but they do have House Asterix on the site.

holiday-rentals.co.uk/bruges-brugge/s/1277/f…

London
Level Contributor
70 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: House/apartment rental rec for family of 6

You can definitely spend 3 days happily in Bruges!

As far as rentals go, from personal experience I can heartily recommend this www.debrugsezwaan.be/index2.php?lang=EN

The owner, whose email is on the site, has another apartment next door to this one as well, just as nice. Very central, beautifully equipped and decorated, and very comfortable. There is also a secure lock-up garage available for an extra cost if you do decide to drive.

Edited: 08 February 2011, 10:06
4. Re: House/apartment rental rec for family of 6

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 17:23