We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel scooters--rental

Which Bruges hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
travel scooters--rental

My husband can't walk for extended periods. How do I find out about renting a 3-wheel travel scooter in Bruges and/or Brussels? Can this be taken on to a train?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,653 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel scooters--rental

E-Kar, on here, apparently rent such scooters: www.toerismedamme.be/FietsenverhuurBrugge.htm

But no, you can't take them on trains, you would have to have a folding wheelchair for that: b-rail.be/nat/…index.php.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel scooters--rental

Thanks so much. I will check it out.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,362 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel scooters--rental

< But no, you can't take them on trains, you would have to have a folding wheelchair for that: b-rail.be/nat/…index.php. >

The link doesn't work - perhaps because of a stray full-stop at the end.

b-rail.be/nat/…index.php

Does it not imply that non-folding and electric wheelchairs can also be carried on the train ? Though presumably a scooter is not an "electric wheelchair".

There is also a folder that explains all this b-rail.be/nat/…index.php

Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
304 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel scooters--rental

The info about not being able to go on the train is incorrect !

My wife travels on her Mobility Scooter many times in belguim and all she has to do is phone or contact the station and they arrange for Ramps or Lifts to be used to join and exit the train ! and its a brilliant service !

The more advance notice you can give the better but we have travveled this way with just 45 mins notice !

5. Re: travel scooters--rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 08:19