We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to Keukenhof Gardens from Bruges?

Which Bruges hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
13 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get to Keukenhof Gardens from Bruges?

I will be staying in Bruges and want to go to Keukenhof Gardens on either Friday or Saturday. I went to the garden's website and they offer buses from Schiphol, The Hague or Leiden for an extra fee. Is this a good way to get there or is there a more direct way straight from Bruges? If I should take a bus from one of the locations above, how would I get there from Bruges and which would be the easiest or closest?

Wingene, Belgium
Level Contributor
462 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get to Keukenhof Gardens from Bruges?

on april 16 a local travel agent SIMA TOURS organises a day trip to 'keukenhof'

you can catch the bus at the carpoolparking E40 exit 7 LOPPEM.

(8 km from Bruges-city)

the daytrip costs €43.00 INCLUDING the bustrip and the entrance fee .

more info: www.simatours.be (sorry: in dutch-english version only about the coaches and south africa)

Level Contributor
13 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get to Keukenhof Gardens from Bruges?

We won't be there until the end of April. Suggestions?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,346 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get to Keukenhof Gardens from Bruges?

You need to take the international train (not the Thalys as it does not stop there) to Leiden and then bus 54 from outside the station. This will drop you off ouside the gates.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188553-c132284/The-N…

If there are two or more of you then I would consider renting a car and driving as the train will cost you around €50 each plus around €4 each way for the bus.

Taking an organised bus tour would be best if you can find one.

Level Contributor
13 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get to Keukenhof Gardens from Bruges?

Thank you for the information. How tough is it to drive? A lot of traffic?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,346 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get to Keukenhof Gardens from Bruges?

The Antwerp ring can be tough but just avoid peak times. Might also be best to take the toll tunnel under the harbour and then the A4 towards Bergen op Zoom and towards Rotterdam. I have driven Amsterdam to Brussels in 2 hours and in five hours. The train plus bus journey will take you at least 4 hours. In decent traffic the drive should only take 3 hours each way.

Level Contributor
13 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to get to Keukenhof Gardens from Bruges?

Thank you! I love hearing from people who actually live there, not just the ones who traveled around.

New Paltz, New York
Level Contributor
22 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to get to Keukenhof Gardens from Bruges?

You *can* take take the Thalys train to get to the gardens. Get off at the Schipol Airport stop, and from the bus stop at the main entrance take the shuttle bus direct to the gardens.

8. Re: Best way to get to Keukenhof Gardens from Bruges?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 04:17