We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canal Boats Location in Bruges

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Canal Boats Location in Bruges

I have looked around and cannot seem to find the location where the canal boats depart from. The map online is so microscopic I need a magnifying glass to read it.

Can someone please tell me the easiest way to find the canal boats landing. Also, I read that July/August temperatures in Bruges get up to only 70 degrees farenheit, is that true? It would be lovely to stroll this charming city under such comfortable climes.

Thank you.

Jonathan

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
953 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canal Boats Location in Bruges

Hi. The canal boats have about 5 departure points, an easy one to find is by walking through the ornate archway in the Burg which leads to a canal bridge, walk over that and a booth can be seen on the right.

Weather in the summer in northern Europe is very variable, it's really the luck of the draw!

Enjoy

Sluis, The...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canal Boats Location in Bruges

Hi there,

The map

http://foto.brugge.be/dl/planbrugge_en.pdf

is actually a pdf-file. You can zoom in and out as much as you like. All embarkation points are marked with a grey boat.

Look over here for info on the weather:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188671-s208/Bruges:B…

Best regards,

Sabrina

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canal Boats Location in Bruges

Thank you very much Niftynotfifty and Sabrina, I appreciate it.

Jonathan

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Canal Boats Location in Bruges

Question for Sabrina. That is a good map. Where can you find out what the numbers on the map refer to? Is there a directory or listing of what the numbers on the map correspond to?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,663 posts
1,612 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Canal Boats Location in Bruges

There are 5 places where you can get on a canal boat.

De Meulemeester -- Wollestraat

Gruuthuse -- Nieuwstraat

Georges Stael -- Katelujnestraat 4

Michielssens -- Huidenvettersplein

Coudenys -- Rozenhoedkaai

Daily 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

The trip takes about 30 minutes., so it’s a great way to relax and give your feet a rest from walking on all those hard cobbled stone paths.

6. Re: Canal Boats Location in Bruges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2012, 19:20