We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waffles near Simon Stevinplein

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Topic
Waffles near Simon Stevinplein

We will be in Bruges this summer. I have read that waffles are not eaten as a breakfast item but rather as a daytime snack. We will be in the Simon Stevinplein area. Are there carts or restaurants that sell waffles in the Square?

Wingene, Belgium
Level Contributor
467 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waffles near Simon Stevinplein

Nearly every tea room serves waffles at different prices.

But..a lot of tea rooms have them ready made in the freezer...

I can not tell where they serve the best waflles in town but there are waffle/ice cream windowshops where you can buy freshly made ice cream and/or waffles.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Waffles near Simon Stevinplein

Thank you for the information. Are there any of these waffle/ice cream windowshops in Simon Stevinplein? Does anyone have a favourite that they have tried?

worcester, uk
Level Contributor
444 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waffles near Simon Stevinplein

Can't remember it's name but my partner swears by the kiosk that sells hot waffles by the del haize proxy store 5 minutes away.

Bromley
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,068 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waffles near Simon Stevinplein

Hi

Scamp is refering to a shop on the corner of Noordzandstraat and Korte Zilverstraat

There is also another shop on Wollestraat - name escapes me at the moment - that is always busy. Again about 5 mins from Simon Stevinplein

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Waffles near Simon Stevinplein

Thank you.

6. Re: Waffles near Simon Stevinplein

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2012, 05:19