We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel or B&B?

Which Bruges hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
80 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel or B&B?

Hi, my husband and I have just decided to shorten our upcoming trip to Paris so that we can spend a couple of days in Bruges. Would you recommend staying in a hotel or B&B? Neither of us have ever been there before, so we don't know much about the town at this point. Our budget would be about 150 euros per night or less... Any thoughts? Thanks!

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel or B&B?

Hi,

Hotel or B&B is up to you really, Most hotels tend to only offer Breakfast anyway as there's so many restaurants and cafe's in Bruges so really it's just down to preference of location and hotel/b&b.

I personally always stay at The Aragon it's a lovely hotel, you get a good breakfast and it's less than five minutes walk from the Mark't square which is the centre of Bruges. It would also fit your budget.

Regards,

Rob

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
32 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel or B&B?

I stayed in Casa Romantico, it's a hotel, but it feels like a b&b. The staff was very helpful, and it feels like home. It's close to the citycentre.

Sluis, The...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel or B&B?

Hello,

€ 150 per room per night fits a 3* hotel or a cheaper 4* hotel. Almost all hotels are located inside the tourist part of Bruges (the area between the inner canal ring), or a bit outside. B&B's however are usually outside the tourist part or even outside the city (outside the outer canal ring), in suburbs.

Bruges' hotels are mostly smaller boutique hotels, though we do have some larger chain hotels, like Ibis, Novotel, Etap, Crowne Plaza and Martin's.

The 3* hotels offer comfortable basic rooms, most hotels have their own style. 4* hotels are a lot more luxurious, some of them might even pass for a 5* hotel.

B&B's come in all shapes and sizes, from extremely basic to highly luxurious. B&B's are basically just very small hotels.

N8RJG is right in saying that the majority of the hotels offer B&B only. You will find hotels that offer half board, but full board will be more tricky. And honestly, you don't need full board, you will probably wanna kick yourself because you will miss eating in one of our restaurants. ;)

I'm not allowed to recommend anything in particular, I can only share this Trip List that I made:

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i24342-A_room_w…

and suggest you use sites like Tripadvisor and booking.com to find a B&B or hotel and compare. If you find anything you're welcome to send me a message or e-mail (see my Profile for contact details), I'm happy to give you directions on how to arrive at your accommodation.

Good luck!

Kind regards,

Sabrina

Green Bay, WI
Level Contributor
9 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel or B&B?

We were in Brugges late April....stayed at The Anselmus and would highly recommend. Family run, excellent location.

5. Re: Hotel or B&B?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 10:21