We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

urgent; train info from Bruges to AMsterdam

Which Bruges hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oakville,Ontario Can
Level Contributor
134 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
urgent; train info from Bruges to AMsterdam

We are a group of five including an 82 year old. Need to travel to Amsterdam from Bruges on July 8. We need help. I cannot understand the schedules/fares I find. Some people on TA quote incredibly low fares and yet on Raileurope it appears it will cost over $l00 per person. ANy help would be much appreciated.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: urgent; train info from Bruges to AMsterdam

The lower fares are for tickets bought for trips that will take place I believe 90 days out at least on the Thayls system. I am currently waiting to buy my tickets for a trip in October. Tickets get more expensive the closer it is to your trip. I looked at Thayls.com and Raileurope and it appears around $83 would be the cheapest you could go. Others on the forum might have suggestions with the Belgian Railway site.

Iowa
Level Contributor
206 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: urgent; train info from Bruges to AMsterdam

Look here:

www.b-europe.com

Your best bet at this time is IC trains and it will cost 46.60-51.10 euro for a regular adult. The senior can ride for as low as 19.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,653 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: urgent; train info from Bruges to AMsterdam

I don't know what you mean by "incredibly low fares" for Brugge to Amsterdam, it is quite possible you are looking at something which is in no way comparable to your situation, especially in terms of the amount of time available for pre-purchase (you are travelling in 1 week's time: as with air travel, the price could be very different if this were 3 months hence!). Which questions/answers are you talking about (to save repeating identical information!)?

Raileurope is a ticketing agency and not a train operator, this is always going to be the most expensive way to buy tickets as they only sell the tickets on the most expensive trains, e.g. on this route - when you will have to change in either Antwerp or Brussels - Thalys from either of these cities rather than InterCity.

I suggest you use Belgian Railways instead, i.e. http://www.b-europe.com/Travel. Select InterCity rather than Thalys as you are travelling on 8 July which is far too late, at this date, to qualify for the cheapest fares on Thalys - looking recently for Paris, for example, I couldn't find Smoove rate available less than 2 1/2 months prior to departure! So don't assume the lowest fare that is ever available is actually available to you, because you would have had to buy this a long time ago to get that price.

4. Re: urgent; train info from Bruges to AMsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 11:18