We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help about 4 days trip to Belgium (Namur)

Which Bruges hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bussum, The...
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help about 4 days trip to Belgium (Namur)

We are family with two small boys (3 and 5 yr old).

We plan to visit Lier, Leuven, Namur, Dinant, Durbuy.

1. day Late afternoon visit Lier, sleep in Leuven or surrounding village

2. day, Explore Leuven, continue to Namur at late afternoon. Visit the tovn, citadel, sleep in Namur

3. day morning in Dinant, caves. Or should we go straight to Dinant? Continue to Durbuy.

4. day Explore Durbuy, surroundings, go back to NL

My questions are:

Is Lier worth visit or should we skip it?

Should we leave our visit to Leuven when coming back to NL?

(we would like to skip Liege, as we were there few years ago)

Is the area between Namur and Dinant picturesque, and good to stay and have small picknick by the river? Or for some activities for children?

I guess in Leuven there are some playgrounds in the centre, when making pauze during the ride, But what do you suggest for children activities in Namur, Dinant and Durbuy?

I see it will be nice weather next week :)

Bussum, The...
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Help about 4 days trip to Belgium (Namur)

tovn, i mean toWn :)

Wingene, Belgium
Level Contributor
459 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help about 4 days trip to Belgium (Namur)

wrong forum i think !

BRUGES is in west flanders.

LIER is a town in the province of ANTWERP, LEUVEN is in flemish brabant, NAMUR and DINANT are in province namur, DURBUY is in the province of luxembourg (=not grand duchy !).

maybe you can get a sufficient answer there....

Bussum, The...
Level Contributor
131 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help about 4 days trip to Belgium (Namur)

I know, I wanted to send it to Belgium forum, but I sent the post here by accident (I was reading something about Bruges at the same time, in other window). I saw mistake later, so I repeated my question in Namur forum.

Sorry for offtopic, I guess moderators could delete the wrong one, since I couldn't..

Edited: 14 August 2011, 20:28
4. Re: Help about 4 days trip to Belgium (Namur)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 03:17