We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights and an evening enough? Help!

liverpool
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
2 nights and an evening enough? Help!

Me and my boyfriend are going on a little christmas break to brugge from december 19 - 22nd from Manchester to Brussels.

Only thing is, we wont get to our hotel until 5pm on the 19th, and then we'll only have 2 full days there, and have to leave in the morning on the 22nd.

Do you think this is enough time? I really want it to be a nice little holiday but I think a third day would of been better :(!

Saying that - if we managed to change the flights to the day after, I dont want to have 3 days were we skimp on buying and doing things, i'd rather have two days and an evening of luxury! - as were students its hard to come by! Although - is it to long way to go for 3 nights!?

what do you think? Thankyou!

London
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
854 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 nights and an evening enough? Help!

I would go for the 2 day option and be able to enjoy it, rather than 3 and feel I had to watch my cash.

And at that time of year it is likely to be cold - so some stops in a bar or two with a roaring fire to warm up near may be required, so scrimping might feel even worse.

London
Level Contributor
70 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 nights and an evening enough? Help!

I've had a happy day in Bruges just on a day trip - it's a great wandering town. I've also had a happy week in Bruges - there's plenty to see! Unless you feel you HAVE to see all the museums and sights two days is plenty - and eating and drinking isn't exactly dirt cheap, you don't want to be walking the streets in the cold to save money when you could be sitting somewhere pretty with a hot chocolate :o)

liverpool
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 nights and an evening enough? Help!

Thanks very much, very helpful! :D

- I dont suppose you know if they still do muscles and chips in the winter? I hope they do!!!

Thanks again xxx

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 nights and an evening enough? Help!

yes they do. Will be available in lots of places. Not cheap though, you might want to read previous recent threads.

Piglet :-)

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
7,678 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 nights and an evening enough? Help!

For muscles you will have to go to the gym, but mussels can be bought year round. They are best in the months containing the letter 'r'

Edited: 25 August 2011, 12:08
liverpool
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 nights and an evening enough? Help!

Yeah, i heard they can be pretty pricey!

As long as they do them though, thats great! thanks for your help!

We dont get many exotic seafood in Liverpool!!! hehe

xxx

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 nights and an evening enough? Help!

Average price for Mussels at the moment is around 20 to 25 euro

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
742 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 nights and an evening enough? Help!

We have just returned from Bruges for a 2 night/3 day trip and felt a full 3 days there was enough for us.

We did all the main attractions, the brewery tour, the choco-story musuem etc and had more then enough time wondering around, shopping and of course, eating :-)

West Hartford, CT
Level Contributor
42 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 nights and an evening enough? Help!

Looking at visiting Bruges in early Feb 2012 for 3 days/4 nights....need advice on things to do. We are an active, youthful couple in our mid 50's who like wandering, musuems, cafes, churches, beer, wine, shopping, local culture and people,.....please help!

10. Re: 2 nights and an evening enough? Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 17:20