We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling from hull-bruges

Which Bruges hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
hull east yorks
Level Contributor
209 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
travelling from hull-bruges

can anyone tell me the score when going on the p&o ferry to bruges do you go back on the same ferry just wondering about the baggage we take dont fancy carrying it around bruges for the day i know that the duty free shop you cant get any wine or spirits on the way out we live in hull but dont want to pay £6 a night parking was wondering if we can get a taxi would appreciate any info thanks dave n kim

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
30,872 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling from hull-bruges

"we live in hull but dont want to pay £6 a night parking was wondering if we can get a taxi would appreciate any info "

If you are asking where you can park in Hull, you are more likely to find people who know that city in the forum for Hull, rather than Brugge. If, on the other hand, you asking about a taxi from Zeebrugge to Brugge, at the top-right hand of this page you will see "Top questions about BRUGES", where FAQ no. 3 is "How to travel from Zeebrugge to Brugge?".

I wouldn't have thought you could leave bags on the ferry, but you could store it at the railway station in Brugge if they don't have facilities in Zeebrugge.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
233 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling from hull-bruges

I believe you can leave the luggage on the ferry as you will be in same cabin going back - well thats what happened for our neighbours - we were staying an extra day so took ours with us lol. Our neighbours actually drove to Hull and paid for the overnight parking - which was safe and they thought well worth the money

As for Taxis in Hull - we caught one from the railway station to the port - and it was over £12 - can you not ring a local firm and get a quote - or even ask a friend to drop you at the ferry port. :)

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,122 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling from hull-bruges

How much baggage are you taking for a day in Bruges anyway?

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
233 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling from hull-bruges

oooh wirewiper - we took a large rucksack - as were were bringing presents back - and erm erm - ro come home we HAD to buy a wheeled suitcase as well - and I had a large fold up holdall and a large shopping bag and several carrier bags and my handbag the size of a small country .

We didnt get the coach back to the ferry - I didnt fancy that so we just hopped into a taxi - taking a young couple who were waiting for the ferry bus as well - best 50 euros we spent

clothes wise - we only took a change of clothes for the travelling and the extra day over we spent and in underwear and t- shirts :) a lot of people only had small back pack - like schoolbags andthat seemed to do them ok for just being over in the city for the few hours.

Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
304 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travelling from hull-bruges

If you are on a mini cruise and not staying an extra night there will be a suitcase emblem on your ticket , this means you may leave your case/s in your cabin , if no emblem you can leave your case in the luggage room on board the ferry , stewards will show you where it is !

If in cabin make sure you lock the door and hand your key in at the Pursers desk on Red deck , disembarkation from the ferry at Zeebrugge is from the middle doors opposite the Info Desk on Red deck !

Taxi is not cheap to the ferry port in Hull at around £12-14 .

P&O runs a bus from Ferensway , check local office for price.

Maybe get a mate to run you up to the ferry ?

Please be aware that you cannot take any alcohol aboard with you at Hull but you can at Zeebrugge !

Last , but not least , take a travel kettle with you and save a fortune on the Costa prices !

Enjoy the trip !

PS: dont forget the new "limits" notices around the port waiting areas are NOT a goverment limit but an attempt by the UKBA to make Smokers feel like Smugglers ! Ignore It !

hull east yorks
Level Contributor
209 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travelling from hull-bruges

thanks everyone for your replies was all very helpful thanks dave n kim

7. Re: travelling from hull-bruges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2012, 10:22