We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel info please

Which Bruges hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
77 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel info please

Hi we are coming to Bruges in December and cant decide on Hotels. We were thinking on either Martins Bruges, Ter Bruges, or the Salvator. I wonder if anyone could give me any info on the location and what these hotels are like etc or if anyone could recommend another hotel with a good location for everything I would be very grateful,

Thanks in advance

Carol

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,729 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel info please

Martins is most central, though the two others are also just a few hundred metres from the market square.

I haven't stayed in either one, so can't comment.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
77 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel info please

Okay thanks for that. Appreciate for your reply.

Sluis, The...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel info please

Hi,

Martin's has three hotels in Bruges, but I assume you're looking at the one in Oude Burg. It's undeniable the hotel nearest to the Market square, it's right behind the Belfry tower. I haven't been to the hotel, but I know it's a very popular one. Many tourists book the Martin's Brugge. It looks modern, clean and comfortable. It's a chain hotel, so all rooms all look alike.

Which is definitely not the case in Salvators hotel. This hotel is located inside the tourist part, at the St. Salvator cathedral. The city has recently cleaned up the area around the cathedral, it's now a beautiful open space which gives great attention to the building.

Salvators has rooms in two buildings and each room is different. I have visited this hotel and thought it was great fun to see how the rooms were decorated. There is a room where everything is hidden, you step inside and it's like you're in a wooden box. Another room has a lot of glass, people walking in the hotel corridor can look into your room (if you don't close the curtains!). One room had a lovely large fish tank next to the bed, very beautiful. I believe each room has a puzzle to solve. If you solve the puzzle you get a price.

Ter Brugghe is on the edge of the tourist part, north of the Market square. It's the only hotel on your list that's on the canals. It's housed in a historical building, which means you have unlogical steps, crooked corridors and dark colored wood beams. It all adds to the charm of the hotel and the feeling of being in a medieval city.

You needn't worry about their locations. All of them are well within walking distance of the main highlights, shops and restaurants. Each of them has its own style, so it all depends on which style suits you the most. :D

Kind regards,

Sabrina

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
612 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel info please

We stayed at the Salvator in the fall of 2010, and enjoyed it. Although samll, our room was spotlessly clean. Yes, the decor is "funky", but that's part of the charm.

The rates are good, and their buffet breakfast was wonderful!

The stairs to the rooms (no elevator) were quite steep.

5. Re: Hotel info please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 01:40