We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tobacco from Belgium

Leeds
Level Contributor
3,458 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Tobacco from Belgium

Hi there, I've heard that the guidlines have changed regarding how much tobacco you can buy without been questioned at length by customs. I'm going for a couple of days in January and was hoping to buy some for my other half instead of buying him anything for Christmas. I obviously want to stay within the law so please can anyone advise me... Thank you

St Helens
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Tobacco from Belgium

P&O are currently running a 2 for 1 mini cruise to Bruges which includes cabin for 2 - return and a day in Bruges itself. They provide the coach transfers to and from the port. We booked an october trip for £75. Nice little cheap run if you are after cigs/tobacco.

Manchester...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
32. Re: Tobacco from Belgium

Super deals, we have used them many times.

You are searched for booze on embarkation (want you to drink theirs).

Food and drink on-board not cheap (take butties etc.).

No rules on tobacco imports as long as its for your own personal use (could be for husband etc.). Just don't take the micky. Google recommendations.

Don't get over exited on the first night and run up and down the cabin corridors shouting to each other like twunts, some of us are traveling on business and want a good nights sleep

Save Reply
33. Re: Tobacco from Belgium

Hi sue where in bruges you bought amber leaf for 52? You know adress?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,597 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Tobacco from Belgium

I suggest you look at ## 11 and 14 above - and http://www.brugestobacco.com/en/ (but don't necessarily expect prices mentioned in posts from 2012 to be valid in 2014).

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
35. Re: Tobacco from Belgium

hi all thinking of making a trip myself to Belgium soon i have been reading the limits but got a bit confused on amounts if its unlimited, as to how much you can bring back without causing a fuss ? if i was to go with family in car and we all stick to 1 brand of tobacco can we fill the car up?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,597 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Tobacco from Belgium

This has nothing to do with Belgium, specifically - the same rules apply in the UK wherever in the EU you would be bringing tobacco back from. The current UK guidelines are to be found here: https:/…arrivals-from-eu-countries - for more specific advice, I suggest you look at dedicated websites like …blogspot.be/p/how-much-cigsbaccy-can-i-buy.… or www.day-tripper.net/shopping-customs-vat.html

It shouldn't make any difference whether the tobacco products are the same or different brands but I would guess that 4-5 kg of DIFFERENT brands is more likely to indicate personal consumption by 4-5 people while the same quantity of a single brand is more likely to raise suspicions that some of it might be for resale!

Shepton Mallet...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Tobacco from Belgium

Hi l like the sound of the p&o how much tobacco can you bring back, thank you for your comments very helpful, judy

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,597 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Tobacco from Belgium

As in the previous answer, 1 year ago: https:/…arrivals-from-eu-countries

39. Re: Tobacco from Belgium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2016, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Bruges
Recent Conversations