We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brussels Airport (BRU) to Ghent Mariott

Which Bruges hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Brussels Airport (BRU) to Ghent Mariott

I am flying into BRU and arrive Thursday morning. I need to travel out to Ghent to meet up with a friend who will be at a conference at the Mariott. What is the best way to do this, and if it is via train, can I buy tickets at the airport with a credit card? Thanks!

Kortrijk
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) to Ghent Mariott

The best way is to go by train. There is a train station at Brussels airport, and there are a lot of trains going to Ghent. There are two ticket machines where you can buy tickets with Visa (I'm not 100% sure, but I think so). But I am 100% sure that you can buy tickets online with your VISA at www.nmbs.be

Let me know if you have questions left.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) to Ghent Mariott

You have to go to the ticket counters to buy tickets with a credit card.

The ticket machines only take local Bancontact debit cards.

California
Level Contributor
20 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) to Ghent Mariott

Does anyone have a recommendation for a van for four people to go from bru to the Ghent Marriott?

Wingene, Belgium
Level Contributor
450 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) to Ghent Mariott

i m afraid you re in the wrong forum !

(ghent is not bruges)

Edited: 23 April 2013, 15:10
California
Level Contributor
20 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) to Ghent Mariott

the topic and thread said "Brussels Airport (BRU) to Ghent Mariott" that is what i was inquiring about.

duh

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
30,839 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) to Ghent Mariott

I imagine the comment was addressed to the OP, but both questions are in the wrong forum as the whole topic concerns Ghent, not Bruges. It's like asking how to get from LAX to Disneyland in the forum for Long Beach!

The information given with respect to the (direct) hourly trains from BRU to Gent St. Pieters should be completed by a) the train fare, which is €14.40 and b) the fact that it is then necessary to get from Gent St. Pieters Station to the Marriott Hotel, which can be done by taxi (I would guess around €12, but it is only a guess) or by tram no. 1 direction Evergem/Wevelgem (€1.20 if ticket purchased from machine or De Lijn office, €2 if purchased from tram driver), with a short walk at the end.

As regards the "van" question, Brussels Airport's website has information on private transfers - i.e. taxi and chauffeur-driven car services - see brusselsairport.be/en/… - or you could try http://www.leuven-taxis.be/?lang=en

I have to say that transfer services tend to be mentioned in Belgium TA forums only with respect to problems such as failure to turn up. I have never seen any service recommended specifically for Ghent, and I suspect that many if not most of the recommendations to be found for such services between other cities emanate from the companies concerned.

California
Level Contributor
20 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) to Ghent Mariott

thanks for the info. got a rec from the ghent marriott.

I didn't know the topic was Brugges. just typed in Ghent/transport and got to this thread

8. Re: Brussels Airport (BRU) to Ghent Mariott

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2014, 07:18