I'm really glad I found this forum. We would be grateful for your (or any other member's) expert advice! I hope there are not too many questions :-)
We are a family of 8 adults from London who shall stay very near Bruges for Easter this year (at a place in Torhout). We have 2 cars and intend to drive into Bruge for day time sight-seeing.
Please could you advise us on the following?
- inexpensive day-time parking for 2 cars in centre of Bruge
- restaurants that serve good vegetarian dishes in centre of Bruge (so we may stop for lunch, all 8 of us are vegetarian and we may not bring packed lunches with us on that particular day)
- Bakery and grocery shops in and around Torhout so that we can purchase bread, croissants, milk, pasta, fruit and vegetables for breakfast and for our evening meals (we intend to cook at the cottage in the evenings)
- local dairies (in Torhout or Bruges) that sell locally produced cheese - we would love to purchase some nice local varieties for breakfast or lunch (perhaps with wine...)
- scenic places to visit in and around Bruges (by car or boat) we like greenery, valleys, mountains, small towns on hillsides, sculptures and so on.
I would be grateful for tips and advice on any of the above queries if you have knowledge to share,
Victor (and 7 others!)