We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation - 25 or so students in Bruges?

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation - 25 or so students in Bruges?

Hi all, I look to your expertise here!

We are looking into taking probably around 25 university students on a week long field trip to Bruges, and I'm seeking some place for all of us to stay. Price being the watchword, of course, as the students need to be able to afford this!

I'm looking for creative places to stay that may not show up when I start to google search. Does anyone know of any place that might suit a large group - perhaps a university or school, or a hostel small enough that we might book the whole place? Something close in or (ideally) in the city centre is preferred, and also a place that might have a private room or two for the adult lecturers coming along!

I'm only in brainstorming mode at current, so all suggestions are welcome. I am purposefully being a bit vague as to necessities since price, right now, is the primary concern.

Thank you!

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,183 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation - 25 or so students in Bruges?

University accommodation anywhere is only available outside term time, and you don't say when you want it. However, as far as I know, in Brugge it isn't available to visitors at all: the College of Europe has halls of residence, but they are in use year-round, while the KHBO uses the usual Belgian system of "kots" (private student rooms).

I would concentrate your search on hostels or else perhaps rent 4-5 bungalows at Camping Memling, www.campingmemling.be/verhuur.php?lang=en - or, just possibly, ask the boat hotel De Barge how much it would cost to rent all 20 rooms: http://www.booking.com/hotel/be/debarge.en.html?aid=311984;label=hotel-20121-be-wgPJGwgQDevdS64CXl5evgS4071477673;ws=&gclid=CI3Il8_uvK8CFYSGDgodJCQkww

Sluis, The...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation - 25 or so students in Bruges?

Hello,

The youth hostels you can try:

St. Christophers Bauhaus

www.bauhaus.be

In Langestraat, near the town gate and windmills. About 13 min. walking to the main square.

Max. capacity: 165 people

Charlie Rockets

www.charlierockets.com

In Hoogstraat, just of Burg square and therefore only 1 min. walking to the Market square.

Max. capacity: 68 people

Snuffel Backpacker hostel

www.snuffel.be

In Ezelstraat, near one of the town gates as well, also about 13 min. walking to the Market square.

Max. capacity: 60 people

International Youth Hostel Europa

http://www.jeugdherbergen.be/brugge.htm

In Baron Ruzettelaan, just outside the city, but reachable by bus (number 2, 20 or 21 from the train station).

Max. capacity: 208 people

Kind regards,

Sabrina

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation - 25 or so students in Bruges?

April 2013 over Easter holidays is the target date, which is why I was hoping for halls of accommodation. If that isn't an option, then perhaps on to the hostels.

Thanks very much for the suggestions!

4. Re: Accommodation - 25 or so students in Bruges?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 14:41