We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Sluis, The...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
New information on 2 interesting tours in Bruges

To our DE's and regular forum readers,

Today I stumbled upon information on two tours organised in Bruges that might be interesting to our visitors.

TOURIST RUN Bruges

Guided jogging tours instead of guided walking tours are a new trend and several cities offer these type of tours. Tourist Run organises such a tour in Bruges.

Anyone can sign up for the 9.5 km tour. You can easily book it via the website which has a calendar with availability.

Price is 15 euro per person. The maximum amount of people per group is 15. The tour starts and ends at the statue on the Market square.

Groups can contact the organisation via the website to make a private booking.

More information: www.touristrunbrugge.be

PHOTO TOUR Bruges

A guide will take you on a walking tour through Bruges and teach you how to make better photos. Of course the emphasis will be on Bruges, how you can really make your Bruges photo sparkle.

You can choose to do a public or private tour:

Public tours

* Essential Bruges: Monday to Friday from 14h00 - 16h15

* Hidden Bruges (in Sint- Anna quarter): Monday to Friday from 16h30 - 18h45

Free of charge, but donations are welcome if you enjoyed the tour.

Private tours

* Morning walk: daily from 9h00 - 13h00 - 80 euro per person

* Evening walk: Tuesday till Friday from 20h00 - 22h00 - 25 euro per person

Several discounts on the website.

More information: www.phototourbrugge.com

I will add both of these tours to my Trip List "Daytrips and excursions in and around Bruges".

Kind regards,

Sabrina

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New information on 2 interesting tours in Bruges

Thanks, Sabrina for this info. I will be there in July and this is just the sort of thing that appeals to me.

Chani

Sluis, The...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New information on 2 interesting tours in Bruges

Hi Chani,

Ow great, seems like I have discovered this info right in time then for you :)

If you need help planning your trip you're welcome to use our forum. We have some very kind DE's and a number of enthusiastic regular forum repliers and you may always contact me directly if you require some personal advice.

Kind regards,

Sabrina

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New information on 2 interesting tours in Bruges

the Photo tour sounds fab actually - but - erm I will pass on the guided jog -

looking forward to seeing peoples photos after the tour -

London, United...
Level Contributor
403 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New information on 2 interesting tours in Bruges

Hi,Sabrina

Any similar FREE guided tour in Ghent? Or shd we follow Frommers 3 hour walking tour in Ghent?

Thanks

Edited: 26 April 2012, 10:45
Sluis, The...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New information on 2 interesting tours in Bruges

Hello,

I have absolutely no idea, I suggest you post your question on the Ghent forum ;)

Kind regards,

Sabrina

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New information on 2 interesting tours in Bruges

Thank you again, Sabrina. I was in Bruges for a day and the first thing I did was the photo tour. Andy was great, very flexible, full of ideas, explained technical camera "stuff" so that even I could understand it all, and I came away with some really memorable photos - and lessons for the future.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: New information on 2 interesting tours in Bruges

Was the tour still free and offered at the times listed on the post above? His website indicates different times and a 20€ fee

Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New information on 2 interesting tours in Bruges

I took the 10 am tour and was more than happy to pay €20.

Bruges, Belgium
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New information on 2 interesting tours in Bruges

Hi All,

Sabrina was kind enough to link me to the thread, knew the original 'free' pricing thing would come back for a clearing up...

So, the photo tour started with a free (by donation) system in the first 5 weeks, which I was looking to try out for the first season at least. While I was quite OK with it overall, the worst being 2€ and the best being 50€, there were some troubles that interfered with keeping it as a viable pricing.

Confusion was a big one.

Not just confusion at payment time, but confusion when simply explaining the price to a prospective guest. While about 10-20% of people "got it", others looked suspicious at best, and full-stop dismissive at worst. Also, I noticed an unfortunate vibe from more.. taste selective... prospects that seemed to blankly sneer at the whole thing, losing out on both of us having a nice tour together.

I hope that helps clarify the situation. I'm looking next year into offering student or under 26 discounts, but sadly with things -barely- paying the bills I can't really offer much lower. However, if you're under 25 & staying at Snuffels, Charlie Rockets or Lybeer, look for a -5€ promo card, it's the biggest 'give' I can spare right now.

- Andy

PS: Cheers Chani for the kind words! :)

Bruges, Belgium
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New information on 2 interesting tours in Bruges

Oh, and since part of changes to grow from in those first weeks included some changes in the tour, Sabrina I'll get over to you guys with fresh info this week.

10am: Edges of Brugge – Explore the edges of the center, mixing up hidden roads and popular sights.

1Pm: Essential Brugge – The most well known spots including city center & Lake of Love (Beginage) area.

4Pm: Hidden Brugge – We discover the lesser known areas of the REAL Brugge, includes St Gilles & St Anna.