We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Bruges with a toddler

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Bruges with a toddler

My husband and I will be traveling to Bruges from Brussels for a day trip. Any suggestions on family friendly restaurants for lunch and dinner? Also, what are the must see attractions? We realize that we won't be able to see everything, but we would like to catch the highlights.

Wingene, Belgium
Level Contributor
470 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Bruges with a toddler

Do read this

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i23564-First_ti…

thanks to sabrina ide !

CA
Level Contributor
123 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Bruges with a toddler

Hi,

I read the helpful link from Dany and Sabrina; be interested to hear what you did actually do and any tips you could share Roland as I will be taking my wife and 4 year old daughter in mid October.

Many thanks

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Bruges with a toddler

CA,

We actually strapped our daughter into her stroller and took her on a walking tour around Bruges. We used the DK guidebook to Belgium as it had suggested walking tours for Bruges, Ghent and Antwerp - all of which we did. Along the way we stopped for waffles, frites, ice cream or whatever would keep her occupied. We also let her run around the Markt a bit beforehand, just to get her tired out. Fortunately, she dozed off along the walk. By the time she woke up it was time for dinner. Can't remember where we stopped to eat - it was a kid-friendly pub with a children's menu - not in the Markt area, but not far. Food was reasonably-priced. If I remember the name, I will send it to you. I hope that helps.

Roland1a

Bromley
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Bruges with a toddler

Hi

You do not say when you are going, but if the weather is nice you could make your way to AstridPark, about a 5 minute walk from the Vizmarkt (Fish Market).

A lovely park with grass to run around on, duck in a pond and a nice childrens play area (swings, slides etc). It is very popular with young families.

5. Re: Day trip to Bruges with a toddler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 08:19
Get answers to your questions about Bruges
Recent Conversations