We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FYI: limited connection to Damme by bus 43

Sluis, The...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
FYI: limited connection to Damme by bus 43

Dear fellow DE's and regular forum readers,

The following news article caught my attention last weekend (in Dutch only) ...

www.nieuwsblad.be/article/detail.aspx…

... but in short it states that people who wish to use the Lammegoedzak boat to Damme will have to take a bus (nr. 4) to Dampoort and walk to the embarkation point, instead of simply taking a bus (nr. 43) which stops near the embarkation point and also continues on the Damme.

Anyway, the article didn't provide much further information, so I contacted the boat company and De Lijn (bus company) to ask for details and here's the deal:

Due to budget cuts De Lijn has cancelled some rides of bus 43, as of 28 June 2012 the time table looks like this:

delijn-aanpassingen.be/files/…205043.pdf.jpg

It means that:

* on weekdays: there is only 1 regular bus per day, leaving at the Bruges train station at 17h33, arriving near the embarkation point at 17h47 and arriving in Damme at 17h54.

The 12h33 bus is only operational on Wednesdays (that are a schoolday), during secondary school exam days and during holidays.

The 16h33 bus only operates on schooldays, except Wednesdays.

* during weekends: there is no bus 43 at all

People who want to travel to the embarkation point (during weekends) can alternatively use bus 4, stop: Sasplein, and then cross the street at Dampoort and walk on to Noorweegse Kaai.

If you wish to travel to Damme it will be more tricky. You can either use the sightseeing bus from City Tour, which leaves once per day at 16h00 from the Market square in Bruges (from April till September), or use belbus (I believe nr 49) or a taxi.

Keep in mind that City Tour is an "organised" tour, it includes transfer to Damme, the 17h20 boat tour to Bruges and transfer back to the Market square. You have free time in Damme. Price for that is 24 euro per person.

Information provided by De Lijn (for those of who can read Dutch): http://www.delijn.be/aanpassingen/ - West-Vlaanderen - Brugge - Lijn 43

I think De Lijn still needs to adapt their website, because this morning it still presented me bus 43 for travel on 7 July, which is a Saturday.....

People from De Lijnwinkel at the train station should of course be able to give tourists the latest information.

That's it.

Greetings,

Sabrina

Edited: 04 July 2012, 14:50
1. Re: FYI: limited connection to Damme by bus 43

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 21:16