We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

passport validity

Sheffield, England...
4 posts
Save Topic
passport validity

Hi, I was just wondering how long after travel a passport needs to be valid to go to Bruges? My passport runs out in March and we are thinking of going on the P&O mini cruise mid october. Thanks

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: passport validity

<My son is going to be in a similar boat next month. We're going on the 13th April, for 3 days, and his passport is valid until 24th August.>

As long as your son has a British (or other EU) passport, it needs only to be valid for as long as the trip lasts - so no problem in this case.

Edited: 04 March 2014, 18:42
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: passport validity

Thanks to you both for your quick replies. I assumed he would be ok judging for the previous posts, but just wanted to check with that particular poster that they had actually been ok.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: passport validity

<just wanted to check with that particular poster that they had actually been ok>

There is no doubt whatsoever about this. It is in the EU "freedom of movement" legislation.

http://tinyurl.com/39eglxf

"Right to move and right of residence for up to three months: All Union citizens have the right to enter another Member State by virtue of having an identity card or valid passport."

14. Re: passport validity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 August 2014, 10:06
Dukinfield...
1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: passport validity

Could you please advise me I am travelling to ostend on the 27th of April for5days with national holidays plus a visit to bruge my passport expires in July, do I need to renew my passport? Thanks jane

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: passport validity

<do I need to renew my passport?>

No. If you have a British passport, it just needs to be valid until the end of your trip.

If you renew your passport before its expiry date, the Passport Office will add any time remaining on your old passport on to the new one.

17. Re: passport validity

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2015, 05:16