We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bruges for a celebration

Which Bruges hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cheltenham
Level Contributor
23 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Bruges for a celebration

Would you recommend Bruges? My husand is 60 in November and I am trying to organise a surprise. He has always wanted to go to Bruges ever since watching the film "In Bruges" (I havent seen it!). Is there plenty to see in Bruges as i am thinkin of a 3 night break? Also, any ideas from anyone about a special place to celebrate his actual birthday? Any special places to go that are unusual and would fit the occasion?

Stockport England
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bruges for a celebration

The folk who check these boards are predominantly fans if Bruges and will therefor be a little biased in recommending the charms of Bruges .

I, and many others live Bruges and revisit again and again.

If your hubby fancies it then go for it, chances are you will live it, great bars cafes avd restaurants, plenty of decent hotels at reasonable prices, and superb architecture and history .

Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bruges for a celebration

Bruges is great! I'm sure you and your husband will love it.

There are a lot of nice restaurants and cafes and bars in Bruges belgium.net/business/…bruges

Drop by one of them and try great Belgian beer.

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
47 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bruges for a celebration

Hi there,

You will both love it!

We travel there every November for our wedding anniversary and never want to go anywhere else.

You can normally find some excellent deals for hotel and eurostar, look for free first class upgrades.

I've quite a few posts for places to eat, but our fave's are;

't klein genoegen unhurried service for a great meal (do try the set menu) great house wine and we do enjoy going back here.

De Buhne - for the most amazing organic lunch or dinner, tasty, fresh unique experience, you MUST MUST MUST go for coffee and cakes!

Tonka - great coffee and waffles with cherries great for a lunchtime snack

De Bottelier - expect to wait a long long time, but the food was great and clocks everywhere.

We do go to Gruuthuis hof - normally for an early dinner, however some of the a la carte meals are out of this world.

Stay oput of the main square and just wander around. We never tire of our time in Bruges and sure you'll love every minute of it.

Enjoy!

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
441 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bruges for a celebration

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i26461-3_days_o…

maybe my triplist can give a bit of an idea... of course there is lots more to see!

Bromley
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bruges for a celebration

Hi

Bruges is a fantastic choice and a lot of things to do.

There are hundreds of places to choose in Bruges to eat, at all price ranges, from (excellent) chips in the square through to Michelin 3*.

What sort of budget are you looking at? Do you have any preference on type of cuisine?

Have a look at this website to get a feel of the choice. If there are any that you like the look of and would like an opinion by all means come back to us.

www.resto.be/ware/resultats.jsp…

Edited: 31 July 2012, 09:19
6. Re: Bruges for a celebration

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2013, 10:15