We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking

meath
Level Contributor
70 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Parking

Hi All. I was hoping somebody out there could inform me on the parking or lack of in Bruges?

Im staying in the Europ Hotel 18 Augustijnenrei

Iv a rental car and am a little concerned about where to leave the bloody yoke at night.......

This hotel has no parking facilities by the way.

Thanks in advance!

Sluis, The...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking

Hi,

On regular days there is more than enough parking space in Bruges, there are a number of underground parking facilities, and you can park in the street. Every now and then we have a serious lack of parking space, when there is something rare / special going on.

On www.interparking.com - Find a parking lot - Search for a particular parking - Belgium - Bruges

you can get an overview of the underground parkings in Bruges.

Select "Brugge" to get the info on the two car parks behind the train station. For some reason they haven't put it in "Bruges"...don't ask me why.

Here is the parking map of Bruges:

…brugge.be/website_brugge/…plan_5_zones.pdf

But.....save yourself some trouble and simply park in the STATION parking for the duration of your stay. It's the largest parking and one of the cheapest (cheapest ones are behind the train station, 2 euro per day). It's easy to find and near one of the access routes into town.

The underground parkings in town are 8,70 euro per day. I wouldn't recommend parking in the street, as Bruges might be difficult to navigate through for a first time visitor (lots of one-way streets) and you'll have to use your parking disc (max. 4 hours).

STATION parking can be found in front of the train station, the price is 3,50 euro per day. It includes a free return bus ticket into town, which you can use to reach your hotel.

Bus 4 or 14 stops on Jan van Eyck square, which is just a short walk from Europ hotel. It would take max. 15 minutes to get from the train station to your hotel, using one of those buses.

To get your free bus ticket you'll have to stop by the ticket shop of the bus company DE LIJN, which can be found in front of the train station, on the square where all the buses leave from.

If you require directions upon arrival feel free to visit the small tourist office inside the train station. Opening hours:

Monday - Friday: 10h00 - 17h00

Saturday & Sunday: 10h00 - 14h00

Should you have any additional questions before leaving, you're welcome to contact me at any time.

Kind regards,

Sabrina

Edited: 05 September 2012, 18:14
meath
Level Contributor
70 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking

Thanks a million Sabrina, you have answered everything I needed to know. I will be sure to use your info when I arrive.

Once again, thanks you very much!

Donal

3. Re: Parking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2013, 10:16