We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Montovani

South Shields
Level Contributor
716 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Montovani

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how far the hotel is from the main parts of town? i.e markt sqaure and T'zand square and also anywhere people think may be worth visiting.

I will be there from Wednesday 7-10th November.

Many Thanks

Gaz

Sluis, The...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Montovani

Hello,

Hotel Montovani is located in Schouwvegersstraat, which is about 5 minutes walking from 't Zand square and roughly 15 minutes from the Market square. All must sees, attractions, restaurants, museums, shops are within walking distance from your hotel.

What to see and do:

tripadvisor.com/members-golists/sabrina_ide

ArrivalGuide: download the guide for free from the following website

arrivalguides.com/en/…BRUGES

Newly launched tourist office website, went online today:

http://www.visitbruges.be/

If you require directions on how to get to your hotel from the train station (where I'm guessing you'll arrive) or you just have some additional questions, feel free to contact me at any time. You're welcome to use the forum as well of course. I believe I've seen you around a couple of times.

Kind regards,

Sabrina

South Shields
Level Contributor
716 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Montovani

Thank you Sabrina, your a star.

I have been on the forums a few times trying to gather up as much information as possible before our trip. We are arriving via the train station and was informed there are taxis out side of this, is that correct? Would it be easy enough to walk?

We are there the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and return home on Saturday. Are all/most of the attractions open on these day? We want to sample the good belgian beer whilst there also, could you reccommend a good bar which is well priced?

Thanks again

Gary

Sluis, The...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Montovani

Hi Gary,

Taxis are indeed outside the train station, but the hotel is well within walking distance of the station: 15 minutes. It's an easy and pleasant walk partly through a park, you won't have to deal with any cobbles. In taxi it would be about 5 minutes, roughly 6 to 8 euro, depending on traffic lights.

I marked the exact route for you on a map, and turned the document into a pdf file. Send me a message via my profile page with your e-mail if you wish to receive it, as TA doesn't allow to attach documents. I will then also give you the detailed description on how to walk.

All will be open on those days next week.

About beer: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188671-i448-k5855…

Also visit brewery De Halve Maan where the local beer Brugse Zot is made.

Sabrina

4. Re: Hotel Montovani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2013, 10:17