We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam to Bruge

Which Bruges hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
139 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Amsterdam to Bruge

Hii!!

We will be visiting Bruge this year September.

We want to travel Bruge from Amsterdam in bus.

Please let me know whether the bus will go via Brussels or though a separate route??

Cheers!!!

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amsterdam to Bruge

Hi,

Your best way is by train rather than bus. Try the following link http://www.belgianrail.be/en/Default.aspx and type Amsterdam in the From and Brugge in the To. Journey takes just over three hours and is via Brussels.

Rob

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,609 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amsterdam to Bruge

I don't know what definition of "best way" is being applied, but personally I think it would be much better to go by Eurolines bus from Amstel Station (dep. 08:30, arr. 13:05 - see www.eurolines.nl) rather than by train. For one thing, it is direct whereas by train you have to change in Antwerp or Brussels. For another, there is now little time difference between the bus (4h35) and NON-high-speed trains (4h17)! In addition, it is significantly cheaper: cost varies by date and departure, and according to how far in advance you can book, but is normally about €29 - and if by any chance you can get this for your dates, promo fare is €18 and super promo can be as little as €7 (without insurance - make sure to untick this box). By normal IC trains, on the other hand, Amsterdam-Brugge costs €43.80 and by high-speed Thalys as far as Brussels (which still makes it 3h05 to Brugge!), up to €86.

Of course, neither the bus nor non-high-speed train would be a great choice for a day trip, but if that were to be what was wanted, it would be easier to take a guided coach tour:

- www.brugestours.net/…

- viator.com/Amsterdam-tourism/…

- www.amsterdamcitytours.com/bus-tours.html

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
139 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amsterdam to Bruge

Thank u N8RJG and qaminari for your prompt reply.

For trains I have checked and noticed we need to change in Brussels.

We selected bus, since it is a direct transport.

But, please help me to know whether the bus from Amsterdam to Bruge goes through Brussels or not????

Cheers!!!

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,609 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amsterdam to Bruge

I already told you, it's direct, you don't need to change - in Brussels or anywhere else. And of course the bus isn't going to go from Amsterdam to Brugge via Brussels when there is no need to change buses there (look at a map)!

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
139 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amsterdam to Bruge

Thank u qaminari!!!

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Amsterdam to Bruge

I have read the above comments however i believe you should take the train as a single change in Brussels is not a big deal. Also Brussels is an interesting city with an absolutely spectacular main square and is for sure worth the time for a quick stop in the city.

7. Re: Amsterdam to Bruge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2014, 04:16