We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bruges Train Station - a big 'thank you'

Which Bruges hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Worcestershire
Level Contributor
233 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Bruges Train Station - a big 'thank you'

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to put this, but I really wanted to thank the honest passengers and staff at the train station. We got onto the train to Brussels to start our homeward journey after a lovely visit to beautiful Bruges. My daughter suddenly realised that she didn't have her handbag with her and could have left it in the platform waiting room, or at the waiting area as you enter the station (we were in plenty of time, for once!!). Well, I thought, we won't see that again especially as her Kindle, purse and MP3 player were in it. Not really expecting much, we rang the station and they confirmed that they had her bag safe, complete with contents untouched. Thank you to the kind person that handed it in for safe keeping, it made our day!

Our wonderful hosts at Haus Koning went to collect it for us and it will be returned to my daughter by Friday - fantastic service and testimony to the kindness of the Belgian people.

Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
304 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bruges Train Station - a big 'thank you'

In these days when most news is doom & gloom it really is heartwarming to hear a report like this !

We are sorry to have to say that had this happened in the UK the chances of you getting such a result would have been minimal , not impossible , but unlikely !

Sometimes someone restores your faith in human nature like the Thai shopkeeper who chased after us in Bangkok because we had left his shop without our 10 baht change ! Amazing :)

So "Well Done " to all the people concerned with your happy outcome !

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
4,667 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bruges Train Station - a big 'thank you'

always nice to read there are still some good people out there

Sluis, The...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bruges Train Station - a big 'thank you'

Agree with the replies so far. I always try to threat and react to people the way I would want to be threated and reacted to. If you think like this it's very easy to hand over a handbag with such contents!

I was handed a bank card this weekend and on good luck I googled the name that was written on the card. I actually very easily found a website listing complete contact details for a person with that name, including cell phone number. So I rang and left a message. Less than an hour later that person's wife was at our tourist office to collect the card. I was just as thrilled as the person collecting the card ;)

I think the chance is very slim that the person who handed it in will read your message, but thanks for sharing anyway. In the world we live in today I find there is too little good news, so a story like yours is nice to read.

Kindest regards,

Sabrina

4. Re: Bruges Train Station - a big 'thank you'

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2014, 05:15