We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hypermarket/large supermarket

Which Bruges hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
455 posts
370 reviews
Save Topic
hypermarket/large supermarket

Is there a hypermarket or really large supermarket in the vicinity of Bruges ? (Happy to travel by train or bus!)

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hypermarket/large supermarket

Hi,

The two nearest I know of are Carrefour on Maalsesteenweg (Google carrefour brugge and you should get a map showing locations) and just slightly further out on the same road is Delhaize (these are East of the city).

There's also a Carrefour on B-Park which is North on the road to Blankenberg (Blankenbergse Steenweg N371).

As for public transport to/from these, I am sorry I would not know off the top of my head but maybe this website might help http://www.delijn.be/en/

There are a number of small supermarkets within the city also which may provide all of this things you are looking for. Carrefour's, one on the corner of Markt and Vlamingstraat (quite small), one on Oude Burg (if my memory serves me correctly) and one on Katelijnestraat. There's also a GB Express on Zuidzandstraat and a Delhaize Proxy on Geldmuntstraat.

Cheers

Rob

Aylesbury, United...
Level Contributor
455 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hypermarket/large supermarket

Thanks for your reply. I was aware of the smaller ones in town. We are considering a pre-christmas visit to Bruges or Lille in December. I love the huge shopping centre in Lille which includes a supermarket, but I like Bruges more - so was hoping to combine the best of both! I just wanted to stock up on some wine, cheese and other seasonal bits and pieces!

Oostkamp
Level Contributor
246 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hypermarket/large supermarket

the Carrefour at B park is the biggest and open most Sundays (the others are closed) You can reach it by city bus 23

http://www.b-park.be/nl/bereik

Finland
Level Contributor
894 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hypermarket/large supermarket

We did grocery shopping in a few supermarkets on our last trip, and were impressed by the gastronomy selection at Delhaize on Maalse Steenweg 234. Large Delhaize sign after McDonalds is easy to spot, both are on your left when coming from Bruges.

5. Re: hypermarket/large supermarket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 06:21