We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night trains from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport to Bruges

Dubai, United Arab...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Night trains from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport to Bruges

Hi there,

I will reach Amsterdam by air on 31st August 2013 at 18.30 and I wish to travel to Bruges immediately. I will be traveling alone.

When I checked the website (http://www.raileurope-gcc.com), the last train (Thalys 9382) from Schiphol airport to Antwerpen Centraal will depart at 18.30, which means I wont be able to travel by this train.

1) What are the alternative ways (if any) to go to Bruges from the airport and how long would it take?

2) Which train do I need to board to go to Bruges from Antwerpen Centraal and what is the frequency of it?

I would sincerely appreciate if someone could reply at the earliest with the details. Thanks!

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,264 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night trains from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport to Bruges

Don't use Rail Europe, it's a ticketing agency and not a train operator: it also gives only the most expensive trains, so where there are both high-speed (e.g. Thalys) and non-high-speed (e.g. InterCity) trains on the same route, it will not mention the latter. The last THALYS - which would normally require changing in Brussels, not Antwerp - is at 18:34 but other trains continue until later, even if there are no actual "night trains" (that is, sleepers) on this route.

For timetables only, the easiest site to use is http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en (it's German railways but covers all the national systems in continental Europe) entering Schiphol/Amsterdam Airport as departure station and Brugge as destination. However you can't buy tickets from that site for journeys not involving Germany, for this you would have to use Dutch or Belgian Railways (e.g. www.b-europe.com/Travel). All of the following non-Thalys options cost €42.40 single, 2nd class.

On a Saturday evening, the best connection given by DB after 18:30 is dep. Schiphol (Airport) 19:09 (Fyra) arr. Rotterdam Centraal 19:36; dep. 19:55 (IC) arr. Antwerpen Centraal 21:13; dep. 21:34 arr. Brugge 22:55

The following connection has an additional change in Ghent: dep. Schiphol (Airport) 19:47 (IC), arr. Roosendaal 21:18; dep. 21:22, arr. Antwerpen Centraal 22:10; dep. 23:05, arr. Gent St Pieters 23:55; dep. 00:04 arr. 00:46.

And the last possible connection would be dep. Schiphol (Airport) 20:09 (Fyra), arr. Rotterdam Centraal 20:36; dep. 20:40, arr. Roosendaal 21:18, then dep. 21:22 as previous routing (arr. Brugge 00:46).

Trains leave Antwerpen-Centraal for Brugge on Saturdays at 34 (direct) and 52 (with change in Ghent) mins past each hour, until 21:34; after that, there are trains at 22:05, 23:05 and 23:08, all involving a change in Ghent.

2. Re: Night trains from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport to Bruges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 06:21