We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bruges Day Trip - Saturday or Sunday

Which Bruges hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Bruges Day Trip - Saturday or Sunday

Me and my wife will be in Brussels for a long weekend from 22nd - 25th Nov and are planning a day trip to Bruges.

We plan to arrive in the morning and head back in the evening by train.

Is Saturday or Sunday a better day for exploring Bruges? Is it quieter on the Sunday? Do cafes, bars, restaurants, shops etc., have restricted hours on Sunday?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,609 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bruges Day Trip - Saturday or Sunday

Shops are closed on Sundays, except those aimed at tourists (in both Brugge and Brussels). Cafés, bars and restaurants are open, as are museums - which close on Mondays.

Note that the Christmas market in Brugge starts on the weekend in question - different websites give different days between 22, 23 and 24, but probably the later, the better in terms of certainty - and the Snow and Ice Sculpture festival starts on Fri 22 November: http://www.icesculpture.be/index.asp?taal=en

Zuienkerke, Belgium
Level Contributor
27 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bruges Day Trip - Saturday or Sunday

Bruges is very quit on sundays, but very crowded on saturdays

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
233 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bruges Day Trip - Saturday or Sunday

It all depends as well if you want to catch some of the shops - Hema etc are closed on the Sunday in Bruges. (unless they have special opening hours during the festive period) If you can I would recommend the Ice Sculptures - but get there early as the queues can be lengthy.

I am sure you will enjoy your day there - whichever one you choose :)

Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
304 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bruges Day Trip - Saturday or Sunday

And do not forget that the Saturday market is a really good reason for a Saturday visit :)

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
233 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bruges Day Trip - Saturday or Sunday

oooh yeah - the Saturday market is wonderful - now I want to be there NOW!

6. Re: Bruges Day Trip - Saturday or Sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2014, 05:16