We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Bruges over New Year?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
45 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in Bruges over New Year?

Hi all,

I'm off to Bruges with my girlfriend over New Year, arriving on 30th in the afternoon and leaving on the 2nd.

Just wondering if there are any definite things to check out, and what will be closed?

We're aware that a lot will be closed on new year, and that's fine as we're happy just wondering around and taking in the sights, and most of all relaxing, however any recommendations of good restaurants, bars, events, sights etc that are open would be great, including daytime or nighttime activities.

I heard there is a market, and possibly a street party to bring in the New Year?

Obviously I'll continue my research but if there is anything people really advise doing that would be great.

Thanks all and happy Christmas.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
33,530 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Bruges over New Year?

As every year, there is a sing-song on NYE, the Christmas market is on till 2/1, and snow-and ice-sculpture festival till 5/1: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188671-i448-k7031…

2. Re: What to do in Bruges over New Year?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2014, 05:17