We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aachen to Brugge

6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Aachen to Brugge

Hi everyone! We are planning to go to Brugge from Aachen this weekend. We will stay in there for 1 night and then we will go to Brussel. After spending a few hours in there we will probably turn back to Aachen in the evening. I have some questions

1- There is a Go Pass offer which is 50 Euro for 10 trips. can we use only one pass for 3 people? And is it possible to go from Aachen to Brugge directly? Or do we have to make another transfer from Aachen to any Belgian city to use the ticket? And do we have to but the pass from webpage?

2-Another option is Go Pass 1 from/to Aachen tickets. One way costs €7.8. It is only available for online tickets. But i am alittle bit confused because when i was looking for the trains from Aachen to Brugge it show 3 offers but I cannot choose any of them. So if i buy the ticket is it ok when i use it any of the trains that i want?

Thank u for your help!

Wingene, Belgium
Level Contributor
474 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aachen to Brugge

'AACHEN' is in GERMANY, i do not think you can use GO PASS because this pass is only valid in BELGIUM .

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,960 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aachen to Brugge

1. Go-Pass 10 (TEN) can only be used for train travel INSIDE BELGIUM, and can only be purchased in person at a Belgian station, so coming from Aachen, you would have to take a slow train to Liège and get off at Hergenrath which is the first stop in Belgium. You can then fill in 3 lines on the pass (departure Hergenrath, destination Brugge) for 3 trips: indeed this pass can be used between several people, as long as they are all under 26 of course. See www.b-rail.be/nat-r/E/tarifs/passes/go/

2. Go-Pass 1 (ONE) on the other hand can only be purchased online from www.belgianrail.be (or from the link you get on the Sefora fares module, http://sefora.b-rail.be/sefora/Sefora/berekenen.do?action=accessTicket&langue=3) but NOT from or to Aachen as it is not in Belgium! Again, you can purchase it from/to Hergenrath. It costs €6, flat rate - never €7.80. In your case, you would be taking 3 trips in Belgium: Hergenrath-Brugge, then Brugge-Brussels (as you are not just changing trains in Brussels but breaking your journey there), then Brussels-Hergenrath.

3. You can purchase a ticket from Aachen to Hergenrath (or Brugge) or vice versa online from www.b-europe.com/Travel (Belgian Railways, international trips) or http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en (German Railways) and I believe the cost is €4.60 each way. As you don't say which website you were using for trains from Aachen to Brugge, entering which details (date and time of travel), it is impossible to tell you what the 3 "offers" might have been, or why you were unable to select any of them! However, if the Brussels-Aachen leg was on Thalys, for example, German Railways don't sell this online.

Edited: 24 December 2013, 09:54
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Aachen to Brugge

thank you for your answer! I am looking from the website https://www.belgianrail.be and the aachen pass which i have mentioned is this one https://www.belgianrail.be/en/timetable-and-buy-tickets/Search/secure/~/media/366900077EB143A292FB26DB2C273E3D.ashx So if i take this pass i can use whenever i want in every train from aachen to brugge?

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Aachen to Brugge

thanks

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,960 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aachen to Brugge

Never heard of it before - and I wish they had given it a different name as it is highly confusing to use the same one. However, the page itself surely tells you everything you need to know? It applies for single tickets only (equivalent of the €6 Go-Pass-1 within Belgium) and as the only purchase channels available are mail or pdf, for a trip this weekend you would need to purchase from the b-europe site using homeprinting option.

I just tested it and indeed that website gives you that price when you select Aachen-Brugge (one-way) and age 18-25, coming up as non-flex price for e.g. 10:35 IR+IC departure (arr. Brugge 14:00: full flex price being €22.40); so presumably it will do the same when you select Brussels-Aachen with the same criteria. For Brugge-Brussels you would have to purchase BELGIAN Go-Pass-1 tickets from belgianrail.be for €6 - if you buy a Brugge-Aachen Go-Pass ticket you may not interrupt your journey in Brussels (it will normally be punched/ stamped by the inspector between Brugge and Brussels, invalidating it for use on a train to Aachen later than one you could have changed to directly upon arrival in Brussels).

I presume you know that you will have to bring your national identity card (if you are a citizen of a Member State that issues these) or passport with you and present this with the Go-Pass to prove that you are under 26.

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Aachen to Brugge

again thank u qaminari. merry christmas and happy new year :)

7. Re: Aachen to Brugge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2014, 05:18