We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending money for bruges

Which Bruges hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
3 posts
Save Topic
Spending money for bruges

Hi all.

Never been bruge before but me and mu girlfriend are going there from friday to monday just wonderig how much spending money between us is adviable as we want to do a few activities and a odbviously need to eat and and a few drinks out.

Thanks for any advice

Yorkshire, UK
Level Contributor
304 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending money for bruges

So ! , How Long Is A Piece Of String ? you could do this trip on €100 if you eat at snack shops and drink beer from the supermarket ! or you could do it for €1,000 easy enough , top end dining and drinks would soon put a hole in this amount :)

As an example we went for 4nights/5days at xmas staying at a mid range hotel , Ibis Centrum , we ate well and drank well , we also used the Carrefour for snacks and breakfast pastries , including the hotel we spent around €1200 which we thought was fine , others may not agree ! :)

So around €200 per day should give you a nice amount to be happy in Bruges !

Enjoy !

Ps: If you can get in we suggest dining at Pro Deo , excellent value ! ( see the reports )

London
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
822 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending money for bruges

Does that need to cover your transport from your home / airport? Your hotel? Or is it just food and activities?

Are you OK at walking?

Do you have any particular preferences for eating? If you give us a clue as to the types of restaurants you eat in in your home area (and where that is) it is easier to provide meaningful assistance. Us Trip Advisor types are good but we are better when we have something to work with.

And what time of year are you going?

Thanks

Edited: 13 January 2014, 15:55
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Spending money for bruges

Going this friday until monday probably need to get a taxi from bruges trainstation to flanders hotel. Not fussed about dining very top end but would like to eat reasonably nice currently have around 300 euros but working in getting more, also my girlfriend wants to do the horse carriage ride and stuff like that

Thanks

london
Level Contributor
381 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spending money for bruges

The horse carriage ride was 39 euro's when we were there. You can buy a city card, which gets you into many museums and galleries, and the Belfort, and that was 24 euro's each, for a couple of days use. Probably depends how much you want to go into the museums, we preferred just walking around. The Belfort was 8 euro's, I think., and many of the churches are free, or just ask for a small donation.

The bus was 2 euro's, less from the ticket office at the station, buses 6 & 16 go to your hotel, according to google.

It's a small city, so you won't need a bus once you are there.

Supermarkets about same prices as UK.

I thought the restaurants were generally over-priced. The set menu lunches were between 17 & 25 euro's, fine for me, but not huge portions. Most main courses started at 20 euro's, and there were lots of extras, veg, salad, sauce, bread, so soon mounted up. A restaurant that was recommended to me, but I didn't get to try as it wasn't open when I wanted to go was Gran Kaffee de Passage. We called in to look at the menu and the food looked nice.

A large beer was 5-7 euros, we didn't have wine, but about 25-30 euros a bottle I think.

I hope you enjoy your trip, it's a lovely city.

London
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
822 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spending money for bruges

Best value meals will generally be found slightly off the main tourist trail and particularly away from the Markt. Many bars do great value basic fair like spag Bol etc.

Lots of places are closed at this time of year as many are family run and use the quietest weeks of the year for a bit of a rest themselves and for any renovations etc that need doing so don't be too surprised.

The Use It guide maps that are intended for young (and therefore often bargain hunting) visitors but have great info for travellers of all ages.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spending money for bruges

we have done the Bruges on a budget - 80 euros for both of us for 5 days , and then a 7 day break where we were unlimited in what we spent . Hema the department store for meals is brilliant value - and I think they may still do the breakfast for one euro before 10am - SERIOUSLY excellent value.

7. Re: Spending money for bruges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2015, 05:19