We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Brussells airport to Bruges which station

Stafford, England
Level Contributor
51 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Brussells airport to Bruges which station

Hi. Coming from Brussels airport, can anyone tell me which station its best to change at for Bruges?

Nord, Central or Midi/zuid? I've read the trains from airport stop at all 3, in that order, but websites seem to say different on where to change.

And same on return, thanks. If anyone has done this route I'd appreciate the help.

thanks.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
35,968 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Brussells airport to Bruges which station

How would you define "best"? The airport train into Brussels (or Ghent, headed for De Panne) calls at all 3 of those stations, in that order and the Brugge train (whether headed for Oostende or Knokke/Blankenberge) also calls at all 3 in that order, so you can change at any of them.

As far as I am aware, timetable websites will always give Bruxelles-Nord simply because it's the first station at which it's possible to change, and of course you can then get a seat more easily on the 2nd train if it fills up at the next 2 stations. Bruxelles-central is the smallest station so some people would prefer to change there, although this also means you have more trains calling at each platform (and I know someone who avoids it because it's underground). Bruxelles-Midi is Brussels' main, and therefore busiest station.

Whichever you choose, you can check which platform specific departures come in on and leave from using http://www.railtime.be/website/train-schedule - enter Brussel-Nat.-Luchthaven for the airport station.

Mentioned in this post
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Ghent
Ghent
East Flanders Province, Belgium
De Panne
De Panne
West Flanders Province, Belgium
Blankenberge
Blankenberge
West Flanders Province, Belgium
Europe
Level Contributor
6,074 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Brussells airport to Bruges which station

With luggage I always avoid Brussel Noord because there are no escalators nor elevators (unless this has changed recently?).

At Centraal there are escalators to go up, and then elevators (a bit difficult to find) to go down again.

Zuid/Midi has escalators down and up.

3. Re: Train from Brussells airport to Bruges which station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2015, 06:18