We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

P and O day trip

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
P and O day trip

i've just read a wonderful post explaining how to get to the main square from the coach drop off point at the rialway station. Maybe an obvious question, but for the return, would the bus leave at the exact same stop that you're dropped off at.

Also the tourist bus, can you just pay on the bus.

thank you in advance

Free Tour Brujas
City Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Bruges la Morte: Excursion in Decadence Style
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Boottochten Stael
Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Legends Free Walking Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
35,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: P and O day trip

See item 20 on here: tripadvisor.co.uk/GoListDetail-i26766-FAQ_ab… (from FAQ #4 on right-hand side of this page) - which explains that the P&O buses normally leave from behind the Standaard bookshop near Brugge Station, and not from the Carrefour supermarket as it says on P&O's website (poferries.com/tourist/content/pages/template…). However, the best thing to do would be to ASK THE BUS DRIVER on the way in where you need to be for the return bus, as it is not impossible that there is something different on the day of your visit! This assumes you are asking about the P&O bus returning to Zeebrugge - which will be the ferry port, as P&O day cruises are with the ferry company and not the cruise company.

I don't know what you mean by "the tourist bus", unless it is the city tour minibus from Markt: http://www.citytour.be/ - which says it returns to Markt, so yes presumably it drops off and picks up at the same point. It also says "tickets on the bus".

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: P and O day trip

Thank you for your reply. Apologies but I don't think I made myself very clear. I was referring to the return journey from the main square in Bruges back to the coach pick up point at the Railway station.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
35,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: P and O day trip

Return journey of what? I don't know what "tourist bus" you are referring to that might run specifically between the P&O coach drop-off/pick-up point and Markt. If you got this information from the "wonderful post explaining how to get to the main square from the coach drop off point at the rialway station" it would have been useful to provide the link so that people can see what it might be referring to!

Most likely it is one of the local (De Lijn) city buses, possibly line 0 ("Centrumlijn"), which operates only between the station and Markt, departing from stand 1 outside Brugge Station (delijn.be/images/station_brugge_tcm7-6951.pdf). However from the current timetable - which you can download from …delijn.be/dienstregelingen/Dienstregelingen… - this only runs in the evening. I checked for different dates (using the 3rd section on …delijn.be/dienstregelingen/Dienstregelingen… filling in Lijn 0 and gemeente BRUGGE, then selecting date and clicking "zoeken") but for June and July it doesn't even admit that it exists! Therefore if you are travelling to Brugge before 29 May, this particular line is no use to you: and if it is later than that, you will have to check whether they have put up the summer timetable, which might be more extensive.

However, there are plenty of other local buses - marked "Centrum" - that go from the station to the centre: buses 2, 3, 4, 7, 12 and 13 stop at 't Zand, then Sint Salvator's Kathedral (travelling down Steenstraat), then Markt (whereas buses 1, 5, 6, 9, 16 and 25 stop at Wollestraat after Sint Salvatorskathedral - not very far from Markt).

Because of the 1-way system, they don't travel the same route on the way back but take Geldmundstraat, and the place to catch the most buses heading for the station is the stop Biekorf in Niklaas Despaarsstraat, 1 block North of Markt; however, buses 2 (direction Peerdeke) and 12 (direction Bargeplein-Katelijneparking) stop at Markt before Biekorf. I imagine that the Centrumlijn bus, if running when you are there, uses the same stop: but again, suggest you ask the driver about the return direction.

You CAN buy bus tickets on board De Lijn buses, but this then costs €2 instead of €1.30 if you buy them from the De Lijn office outside Brugge Station or from ticket machines : if buying in advance, you can buy 2 tickets at the same time so you will have your ticket for the bus back, as not all bus stops have ticket machines. Note that however you buy your ticket, you must put it in the yellow machine on board the bus. The easiest thing is perhaps to hand it to the driver and say "Markt", as he will put it in the machine and press 1 (for 1 zone) for you.

List of Brugge city buses (other than 0): http://www.trabel.com/brugge-transport.htm

Stops in each direction for each bus: https://www.brugge.be/bussen-stadsnet-brugge

Edited: 16 April 2014, 16:23
4. Re: P and O day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 05:16