We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best and fastest way to get from Brussels to Bruges??

athens
Level Contributor
55 posts
164 reviews
Save Topic
Best and fastest way to get from Brussels to Bruges??

We deside to take few days off from work with my husband and make a long weekend trip to Bruges .....so we leaving this Thursday....

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,686 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best and fastest way to get from Brussels to Bruges??

IC train from Bruxelles-Nord, Bruxelles-Central or Bruxelles-Midi (train travels through each of these in that order), 1 hr, cost €8 single on a weekday in August, €14.10 for the return journey Brugge-Brussels if this would be Sat/Sun (€15.10 return if BOTH trips are between 19:00 hrs on Friday and the last train on Sunday evening).

If you would be travelling from/to Brussels AIRPORT rather than Brussels, the cost would be €13.10 on a weekday and €20.60 on Sat/Sun.

England
Level Contributor
71 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best and fastest way to get from Brussels to Bruges??

When flying from Manchester there appears to be a choice of Airports to fly to in Belgium. Which is best to fly to for Bruges.

Edited: 30 August 2014, 12:53
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,686 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best and fastest way to get from Brussels to Bruges??

Brussels Airport is closer (1 1/2 hrs by train, generally changing in Brussels - hourly direct trains on Sat/Sun, cost €20.60 standard single) but Charleroi Airport now has a direct shuttle to Brugge: http://www.flibco.com/en (€5 to €17 one way depending on how far in advance you book), which takes about 2 hours.

Edited: 30 August 2014, 15:22
Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
8,217 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best and fastest way to get from Brussels to Bruges??

Don't forget you can simply book Manchester to Brussels by Virgin Trains+Eurostar at www.eurostar.com - centre to centre for one inclusive price.

Manchester-London takes 2h10, London-Brussels 1h55, then there's no need to faff around with airports.

Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best and fastest way to get from Brussels to Bruges??

Traveling from Bruges to Brussels then train to St. Pancras in London.

What is the easiest way to get from Bruges to Brussels train station for transfer to London?

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best and fastest way to get from Brussels to Bruges??

Two trains an hour from Bruges to Brussels.

Sluis, The...
Level Contributor
2 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best and fastest way to get from Brussels to Bruges??

I agree with the previous post. The Best and fastest way to get from Brussels to Bruges. Just to clarify maybe some local codes IC= Intercity, in other words Express city to city train. Maybe Obvious to others but it wasn't for me. Also, I just used the intercity train from Brugge to Antwerp and the cost was 30 euros round trip. Therefore, the quotes below are a bit low for Brussels to Brugge which is further. This cost would be 37 euros last time I used it.

Best and fasted way would be hands down by Belgium train. You avoid the horrible traffic when you hit the Brussels or Antwerp ring.

Also, when you reach Brugge station you have the option to either walk into the park across the street which would take you in parts of the town in around 15-20 minute walk. If you want to go straight in, just take a 5 minute bus drive which stops directly in front of the station. With a ticket shown to the bus driver, it would be free. Hope this helps.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best and fastest way to get from Brussels to Bruges??

<Brussels to Brugge ... This cost would be 37 euros last time I used it>

A standard single (one way) ticket from Brussels to Brugge costs €14.10. Return (round trip) would be double that: €28.20.

9. Re: Best and fastest way to get from Brussels to Bruges??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Bruges
Recent Conversations