We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to see and do in Ostend

Which Ostend hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
817 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
What to see and do in Ostend

Hi All,

I am taking my parents to Ostend for 3 nights next week. They went there for their honeymoon 52 years ago and now they are in their 70's and getting a bit inform I am taking them back so they have some support to help them around.

Bearing in mind my Dad will have to use a wheelchair as he can't walk very far can anyone suggest anything to do or go to see that is easy going in terms of getting about and would interest an elderly couple?

I have heard there is a tram that goes along the coast - is that right?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks Sarah

Antwerpen, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to see and do in Ostend

Yes, the trams goes along the coast all the way from De Panne (near the French border) to Knokke (near the Dutch border). It's called de Kusttram. A daypass will cost 6 euro if you buy it on the tram (or 5 euro if you buy it in advance (hotel, bookshop, ticket machine, ...). It allows you to travel on all the trams/buses of the company De Lijn for a whole day, so you get off and on as much as you like. You need to validate it in the yellow slot machine every time you board a tram/bus. These trams are modern and can be accessed by a wheelchair as far as I know.

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
817 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to see and do in Ostend

Thanks for the info - sounds like a nice trip if the sun is shining!

Sarah

Get answers to your questions about Ostend