We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Ieper to Poperinge

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi Ieper to Poperinge

Does anyone know how much it would cost for a taxi?

I understand there are no taxi firms in Poperinge so wondered if it will more expensive doing the return journey?

I know we can use the train but the last one form Pops to Ieper is around 9.30pm.

Thanks

Piglet

Mentioned in this post
Ieper (Ypres)
Ieper (Ypres)
West Flanders Province, Belgium
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
36,563 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Ieper to Poperinge

I suggest you contact one of the Ieper taxi companies to ask about cost for coming out to pick you up - the return journey may well be more expensive if only because it seems you want to travel after 21.30 and there is a night surcharge:

SB Taxi +32 478 329929

Taxi Leo +32 478 200413

De Lijn buses 60 (Abele) and 51 (Veurne) go from Ieper via Poperinge, but the last buses back from Poperinge on a weekday are at 17.00 and 20.00 respectively. Although I don't think this will run any later, and it doesn't run at all on Sundays, you should also check out the "dial-a-bus" (belbus) service, which is a sort of taxi-bus. This from the tourist office's website (www.ieper.be)

"Reserve your dial-a-bus service on time: two hours in advance is recommended, if possible give us one day notice.The dial-a-bus office is open from Monday through Friday between 7 am and 7.45 pm, Saturday between 9 am and 6.45 pm and on Sunday between 10 am and 6.45 pm. If the appointment needs to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances please call the dial-a-bus office as soon as possible. Ypres Tel. 057 200 070"

The Belbus you want between Ieper and Peperinge seems to be "Ieper Noord" (no. 29) and if you read Dutch, there is more on www.delijn.be/westvlaanderen/belbus.asp

See also www.poperinge.be/UK/data/bus_services.htm

Mentioned in this post
Ieper (Ypres)
Ieper (Ypres)
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Ieper to Poperinge

Thanks,

I rang the numbers and they were very helpful.

We are famiiar with the Belbus service as we used it in June to get to St Sixtus.

This is only a short trip to pick up some wonderful beers but we will be back next March for a longer visit.

Piglet:-)

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
43 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Ieper to Poperinge

Taxis in Ypres have to be preordered in advance. Even at the railway station. We arrived at 6.30pm and got off the train from Brussels, but no taxis were waiting at a marked taxi rank. The booking office clerk tried phoning but said we'd have to wait at least an hour! We walked to our hotel in the end.

Next day we wanted to go to Poperinge and the hotel booked a taxi for us and also advised us to arrange the return journey, which we did. The cost of the return journey was 30euros. There was no meter so I don't know if this was "correct". The taxi firm was called LEO

Mentioned in this post
Ieper (Ypres)
Ieper (Ypres)
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Vlamertinge, Belgium
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Ieper to Poperinge

Cheap Taxi would be your best bet - Emmanuale is very good and the cheapest in Ypres. Although, you will have to book him and your other best bet is Taxi Leo. Both companies are very reliable, we use them all the time.

Cheap Taxi 0800 62 660

Taxi Leo 0032 (0)57 200 413

Mentioned in this post
Ieper (Ypres)
Ieper (Ypres)
5. Re: Taxi Ieper to Poperinge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 05:22
Get answers to your questions about Ieper (Ypres)