We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from airport to Arue at 11:00 PM.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
88 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from airport to Arue at 11:00 PM.

We'll be arriving at the Papeete Airport (PPT) on Air Tahiti Nui #0407 at 11:00 PM. I understand transportation from the airport is sparse at that time of night. Will we have any difficulty finding a taxi? Can we arrange for someone to meet us at the airport to drive the three of us to the hotel (Radisson Plaza Resort in Arue)? Does anyone know what the approximate cost will be? I've considered changing hotels to a more central location, but seems as if most hotels are sold out already. We'll have two days free while we await the boarding of the Ocean Princess on Jan. 28. Any ideas for things to do (other than taking the ferry to Moorea) will be appreciated.

7 replies to this topic
Richmond, Virginia
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
4,797 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from airport to Arue at 11:00 PM.

I would suggest you contact marama tours.

http://www.maramatours.com

Regards BO

Bora Bora, French...
Level Contributor
967 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from airport to Arue at 11:00 PM.

There's always plenty of taxi's waiting in front of the arrivals terminal, but do negotiate before getting in as in FP there are no taxi meters! Marama tours is ok but they'll charge a lot as it includes a "personal" welcome with flower lei etc adding up the charge!

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia
Level Contributor
3,782 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from airport to Arue at 11:00 PM.

You won't have a problem getting a taxi at 11 p.m. on an arriving international flight. Fare to the Radisson will be about $50 at that time of night.

Rio Rancho, New...
Level Contributor
442 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from airport to Arue at 11:00 PM.

The beach at the Radisson is a Black Sand beach which can get hot. To the left of the hotel where the sand sticks out towards the ocean is a reef with decent snorkeling as long as the waves arent big. I did that one day and walked around and shopped in Papeete another day. Just two things (ideas) I did last month, enjoy your trip

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from airport to Arue at 11:00 PM.

Arriving Airport around 11.40pm. Taxi to Radisson for 2 - how much?

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
4,920 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from airport to Arue at 11:00 PM.

Probably around $50US

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,462 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from airport to Arue at 11:00 PM.

You may wish to keep your eyes open for other travelers going to the same hotel. Hubby and I have shared a taxi with others going to the Radisson a couple of times. Just look for tourists near the taxi lanes and merely ask them where they are going & if they'd like to share a taxi, then determine the fare with the driver prior to getting in the taxi or van.

sunny regards,

shully

Reply to: Getting from airport to Arue at 11:00 PM.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Arue