We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt Athos cruise

Bucharest, Romania
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mt Athos cruise

Does anyone have exact info on Mounta Athos cruises, more precisely if they run now in May or start later, is it better to do them starting from Ouranoupoli or Sithonia and do they start very early (as we have to drive there from Kassandra) ?

tnx

12 replies to this topic
Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
768 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mt Athos cruise

Hi there "anaglifa",

as far as I know, cruises from Sithonia to Mt.Athos have already started, both from Neos Marmaras, and also from Ormos Panagias. They do run from Ouranoupoli as well. They do usually start early in the morning, definitely before 10.30am, so keep this in mind.

If you need any further info, let us know.

Yannis.

Tirana, Albania
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mt Athos cruise

Hi YANNI

do you have any idea about the prices and what they offer in the cruises ?

THANX

Thessaloniki...
Level Contributor
768 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mt Athos cruise

Hmmm, to be honest with you this is something that I don't know, but I might be able to find out one of the next few days, that I might be there. Probably the next weekend (not this coming one) that I will visit the area again.

Ring me a "bell" if you remember, by sending me a personal message 10-12 days from now if you want, so that I can keep it in my mind and remember to ask.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,786 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mt Athos cruise

Have you tried to google ?

http://www.athos-cruises.gr/

www.in-chalkidiki.com/mountathoscruises.htm

http://www.tourathos.com/

Edited: 16 May 2011, 15:24
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,786 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mt Athos cruise

Here is one more, that also states prices and the selection of languages for the tour:

http://www.athoscruises.gr/

Tirana, Albania
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mt Athos cruise

eisai Protos !!

Thanx

Bucharest, Romania
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Mt Athos cruise

Of course there is always Google, but as far as I'm concerned 1. I wanted some first hand info and 2. the Greek sites are notoriously unreliable; one of the sites above hasn't been updated since 2009.

thanks all

London
Level Contributor
735 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mt Athos cruise

I haven't been on the cruise yet, but I have been in touch with a company that do tours from Oromos Panagias on a daily basis. If you e-mail them they can give you full details:

Email: cruises@melitours.gr

Web: www.melitours.gr

Hope that helps!

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mt Athos cruise

Just returned from the area. From Ormos Panagios we paid 69 Euro each. This included lunch which was very indifferent and a wasted extra. Cruise left about 10.00am and stopped for lunch about 14.00 for 2 hours. There are many harbour-side restaurants at Ouranopolis. The boat returned about 17.30.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
367 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Mt Athos cruise

hey, i think it was quite expensive, i think that around 45-50€ each would be the normal cost for this trip, and food included. maybe other tourists who are interested, can ask here: www.enalax.com

Reply to: Mt Athos cruise
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mount Athos