We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renault Eurodrive lease/buyback program

Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Renault Eurodrive lease/buyback program

Has anyone used this program recently? We are looking at this option for a 4.5 month rental in Portugal /Spain. Seems to be the best long term rental option.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Likely To Sell Out
Douro Valley Small-Group Tour with...
920 Reviews
from US$107.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Sintra and Cascais Small-Group Day...
1,130 Reviews
from US$89.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Fátima, Nazaré, and Óbidos...
726 Reviews
from US$89.30*
2 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
55,203 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renault Eurodrive lease/buyback program

4.5 months! I trust you know the immigration rules concerning such a long stay in Europe for non EU citizens.

I don't know that program in particular, but for that length of time a lease and buy back option will almost certainly be more cost effective. A friend of mine who stays in France for months at a time uses a similar option.

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
France
France
Europe
London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,363 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renault Eurodrive lease/buyback program

I have also used this too. To be absolutely sure, I made all the reservations etc before I left Canada. It took some time to get everything signed off. Also be aware, when you return the car, it will receive a very close examination, and every scratch, etc will be noted. Then you will be required to sign the insurance papers so that they can use the insurance company to fix them. Don't arrive at the airport last minute. It takes considerable length of time to do the paper work. Also in those times, we had to phone up several days in advance to book a day and time to return the car. The second time we did this, I turned the car in the day before and stayed that night in a hotel at the airport. The cars are then sold in the used car market. The time we used Renault, we got brand new cars.

Edited: 25 September 2017, 01:20
Reply to: Renault Eurodrive lease/buyback program
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted