We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cities to Visit

Los Angeles
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cities to Visit

I have 3 days to visit cities outside of Lisbon. i will already have visited Cascais and Estoril and Sintra.

Can anyone recommend places to visit? I am willing to take day trips from Lisbon or spend the night.

Are Obidos and Coimbra worth a visit? Or should we visit Evora?

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
587 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cities to Visit

Evora is definitely worth a visit. Óbidos is pretty, but small, and can be seen in a few hours. Tomar is another nice town within an hour of Lisbon.

However, if you have 3 days I would also suggest you consider visiting some northern cities like Porto and Guimarães. You could possibly take in Coimbra on the way. Porto is easily reached from Lisbon, it takes about 3 hours by car or train. Plenty to see and an interesting contrast to Lisbon.

2. Re: Cities to Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 11:16