We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

itinerary troubles...

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
302 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
itinerary troubles...

hey all,

i need some help here.

i will be flying into faro on 28th July and intend to stay in portugal till 1st aug where i will take an overnight train from lisbon to madrid arriving on 2nd aug.

my troubles are...

i intend to visit lisbon only probably stay in lisbon for 2 nights (i'm not exactly sure about this because we are not a history person, so will 2 nights be too long for us in lisbon?) before i train off to madrid on 1st aug. but i'm not exactly sure what i should do in between.

i would appreciate suggestions for other cities/towns in the Algarve area. I love the sand and sea! the main problem i have is that i would need the trains as the group of us 4 females do not drive.

i'm not sure where to head after i touch down from the faro airport so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! :)

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
587 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: itinerary troubles...

Hey there,

You only have 4 nights as far as I can tell, so really, you won't be able to do a lot.

Where to go to from Faro airport depends what kind of scene you prefer - relatively quiet and peaceful (like Tavira) or more lively and international (Albufeira, Vilamoura, Lagos for example).

As regards Lisbon, well it is a city that you could easily spend all 4 days in, but since you say you don't appreciate history, then maybe one day/night is enough? Gives you enough time to take one of those bus-tours of the city and see the main sights.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
45,748 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: itinerary troubles...

If you arrive in Faro on 28th July, bear in mind that it is a 4 hour journey to Lisbon by train or bus. You will have hardly any time to spend in the Algarve if you wish to spend 2 nights in Lisbon and have time to see any of that city. You easily spend 5 nights in Lisbon and not see all the city and the region of Lisbon has to offer.

Also, it is peak holiday season and you would have considerable difficulty in finding hotel rooms for just one night anywhere in the region except perhaps for the 'business' hotels in Faro city itself.

What time does your flight arrive in Faro?

I can perhaps help a little more with this information.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
302 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: itinerary troubles...

i will be arriving in faro at about 8am in the morning.

we like clean beaches with white sand or nice cliff views :) basically just hanging around and chill for a day at the beach.

4. Re: itinerary troubles...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2009, 06:17