We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary for two weeks

Lithuania
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary for two weeks

Hello all,

Me and my wife are planing to visit Portugal for 2 weeks coming 20 Sept to Porto departing 04 Oct from Faro. We will probably rent a car for local stay there.

What would you recommend to see? Our major interest is Natural landscapes, scenic drives, walks and views; architecture is not of a big interest.

We also want to stay on a budget, not paying more then 30 - 40 EUR for accommodation.

Thank you all for replies,-

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
587 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary for two weeks

If natural landscapes rather than architecture is your main interest, then you will almost certainly need a car, so that's a good choice.

If arriving in Porto and leaving from Faro, then I would suggest you visit the research the following areas:

1. Douro Valley (can be visisted by train or boat, perhaps this could be your first trip out of Porto, before you rent a car).

2. Peneda-Gerês National Park (close to Spanish border in the north)

3. Beiras region / Serra da Estrela

4. Alentejo

5. Algarve (of you're not interested in beaches, then you can stay away from the coast and stay inland)

All of these regions feature interesting landscapes, each of which is different to the others and so will give you a good idea of the contrasting landscapes of Portugal.

2. Re: Itinerary for two weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2010, 06:38