We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ayamonte, Cadiz or Portugese beaches

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Topic
Ayamonte, Cadiz or Portugese beaches

Hi

I'm from South Beach, have travelled to the Caribbean, Mexico, Thailand, etc. I am looking for the most recommended beach expierience on my way from Sevilla to Portugal that's clean, with soft sand, beautiful/swimmable waters, and not a resort/touristic area.

The choices I've found most recommended in Spain that wouldn't take me far out of the way are Cadiz and Ayamonte. I've visited Nerja and would like to see the east coast since the beaches are reported to be better. However, if similar beaches exist in Portugal then it may make more senese tojust move on.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
419 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Ayamonte, Cadiz or Portugese beaches

Hi,

The beaches from these areas, both in Spain and in Portugal, are very much alike. Basically they are large, lot's of golden sand and almost no rocks or cliffs around. Of course if you go to Cadiz, even if beautiful you will fail on being in a non-tourist place. There are also lots of resorts but the sand extention is so large they are easy to avoid.

In Portugal the whole coast from the border with Spain to the city of Faro is a natural reserve, and very beautiful. My recomendation would be to go to a beach on one of the many islands that protect this coast. One of the most known and easily accessible is the island of Tavira, on front of the town of Tavira, which is itself very nice.

2. Re: Ayamonte, Cadiz or Portugese beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2011, 14:48