We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Portugal on the beach

SF
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in Portugal on the beach

Hello,

My wife and I will be in Portugal in March 2011, and we would really like to stay in a beachside town. We know that the weather may or may not be very good, but that won't bother us.

We will only be visiting for 1 week (most likely after 1 week in Morocco). Any recommendations either in Lisbon or nearby, so that we do not waste to much time en route? At this point we know very little about where to go.

If possible, we prefer quaint towns without too much high-rise hotels.

Thank you!

Best Seller
Douro Valley Wine Tasting Tour...
994 Reviews
from US$107.60*
Best Seller
Lisbon to Sintra and Cascais...
1,198 Reviews
from US$89.70*
Likely To Sell Out
Lisbon to Fatima, Nazare, and Obidos...
757 Reviews
from US$89.70*
Lisbon
Level Contributor
678 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Portugal on the beach

I would recommend Cascais/Estoril area. It is not the quaintest little part of Portugal but very easy and cheap to get to Lisbon (by train) and Sintra (by car), good beaches and interesting things to do around from museums to monuments, parks and beaches.

Check some pictures here:

getportugal.com/portugal/poi/14143/11/cascais

(you can position yourself in the separator nearby and the check the closest beaches, places and monuments).

Have a nice trip!

SF
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Portugal on the beach

Thanks! Looks beautiful. We will definitely consider this area.

3. Re: Where to stay in Portugal on the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2011, 05:18