We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Algarve Transfers Direct (ATD)

Edinburgh, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Algarve Transfers Direct (ATD)

Just to warn other travellers to portugal do not use the transfer company Algarve Transfers Direct (ATD).

Firstly we had to call them numerous times on arrival at Faro before someone arrived over an hour later.

Secondly they did not arrive to pick us up for return back to Faro airport. After attempting to contact them numerous times an no reply and waitin for an hour I had to arrange another taxi and just caught my flight.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Algarve Transfers Direct (ATD)

I agree, this company let a group of golfers down (20 people) on Sunday 19.06.11 at 7am in the morning for our return to Faro

West Midlands...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Algarve Transfers Direct (ATD)

yes i agree with the above people, so all travellers to the algarve using airport transfers DO NOT use algave transfers direct(ATD) ESPECIALLY the person whos mobile no. is 00351914863462 his name is Eduardo as he has let us down off 3 times and ripped us off makes excusses up after he said he will turn up when i confirmed with him 2 days ago i rang him when we was supposed to leave for the airport he then rang the hotel back saying his driver was in lagos when we were in alvor and told the reception staff that iwas to get a taxi to the airport and he will ring the taxi company and pay for the taxi but i didnt trust him to do that, luckily we had friends at the hotel with a car on hire so they took us to the airport thankfully.....

Lanarkshire...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Algarve Transfers Direct (ATD)

I absoloutley agree!!This company is a joke!especially Ed!!!what an excuse of a man!DO NOT USE!!!!

He never picked me and my friends up at Faro airport at 11pm at night,we were stranded and had to get another taxi.And we paid a deposit up front!

I have emailed him for 4 months now and had no reply!i phoned him today and got through,when he asked who was calling i told him my name and he hung up!

Shocking behaviour!

Wish i could put that man out of buisness!!!

Wirral
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Algarve Transfers Direct (ATD)

Same here.... we fell foul of this con-man in August 2011. We have a young disabled son which he knew about and he let us down for both legs of the journey which we paid for up front. We had to fork out for two extra taxi trips and nearly missed our return flight....he had no intention of turning up for us obviously and instead kept stringing us along. When we got back home he refused to return our calls and we had to threaten to sue paypal to get the money back in the end. (long story but it worked....read the small print if you booked with paypal) We have tried to put this b*stard out of business but no-one is interested. Not even TripAdvisor whose icon he fraudulently uses on his website. I believe in Karma though and this loser will come to a sticky end. Its hot in Hell Ed; just so you know.

Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Algarve Transfers Direct (ATD)

I wish I had read this post before I booked our transfer. We travelled as a family of four to the Algarve in August. This man is a total con artist. His taxi car is old and he was also smoking before we got into the car!!! He brought us to our destination but failed to pick us up to return us to the airport! We called him and were told our driver was on the way. Then we got a text to say he was stuck in traffic. We waited and waited. We then tried calling both numbers supplied on the website.... Surprise surprise phones were switched off!!!!! Ed or "Eduardo" had claimed he was going to refund our money but like previous posts, we never received any money!!!!! I have contacted relevant authorities in relation to our complaint. I really hope we can stop this man from stealing honest people's hard earned holiday money!! PLEASE STAY AWAY!!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
36 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Algarve Transfers Direct (ATD)

We used http://www.faroairporttransfersto.com for a rapid and very comfortable journey from Lagos (furthest town west of Faro) to the airport for €65 plus €12 for tolls.

This was for two people but the rate would have been the same for four.

The driver arrived a little early (which helps to calm the nerves!); he was professional and very courteous, and drove calmly and safely all the way. Their drivers wear blue uniforms/shirts and carry a distinctive sign when meeting customers at the airport.

The online booking system worked perfectly, we paid the driver on completion of the journey, all very efficient.

Will use them again next time we're in Portugal.

7. Re: Algarve Transfers Direct (ATD)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 August 2013, 15:35
wishaw
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Algarve Transfers Direct (ATD)

Hi There

this joke of a company left 7 of us stranded in Almancil last week

We missed our flight and it cost us £1000.00 to get back home

DO Not USE

Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Algarve Transfers Direct (ATD)

If your looking for other option, contact carlos_santana1@hotmail.com they charge to lagos 75€ tools included also very good company

10. Re: Algarve Transfers Direct (ATD)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2014, 07:19