We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for Christmas break holiday

Dunstable...
Level Contributor
1,790 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for Christmas break holiday

We are thinking about returning to Portugal for the Christmas break after our recent trip. We have done a Christmas break before and the weather was delightful in Lisbon and the Algarve. We would like to visit some of places that we missed on our last trip (Lisbon to Porto).

We love to walk and enjoy historic places and will most likely spend at least two days in Lisbon. I am thinking that Evora might be a good choice for a couple of days. We are also looking for place on Alentejo Coast possibly. Yes, I realize the weather can be changeable on the Atlantic Coast in the early winter but I am sure it will be MUCH better than where I live.

Special Offer
Douro Valley Small-Group Tour with...
753 reviews
from US$90.20*
US$112.80
Sintra and Cascais Tour from Lisbon
1,029 reviews
from US$81.50*
Special Offer
Lisbon Super Saver: 2-Day Sintra...
284 reviews
from US$146.70*
US$163.00
Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve
Level Contributor
14,187 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for Christmas break holiday

If you don't mind the dampness and the pretty cold nights and you have a good budget for more expensive hotels which have heating. Algarve has a mild climate though in winter the temperatures drop much during the night. You've been fortunate with Lisbon. The further north you go, you'll have more chance of rain and low temperatures.

If you want to pursue: bring an umbrella and warm clothes!

2. Re: Suggestions for Christmas break holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 22:15