We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villamoura with a Baby

Telford
13 posts
Save Topic
Villamoura with a Baby

Hi I am travelling with my eight month old baby next week to Villamoura. Can anybody who has visited let me know if there are supermarkets or shops selling nappies, milk and food nearby?

I dont want to bring everything if it is sold readily there.

Any tips travelling with a baby would be gratefully received.

Many Thanks

Laura

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,260 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villamoura with a Baby

Well, Portuguese people have babies too, so you will find the larger supermarkets ok for just about everything.

But where in Vilamoura will you be staying? It's a big place and will you have use of a car to get to the shops?

If your baby is particular to one brand or type of food, you might not find the exact equivalent on sale here.

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villamoura with a Baby

There are plenty of babies in the Vilamoura area that have the same requirements so don´t worry at all about getting stocks, unless you require any particular brand of formula. In Vilamoura, there is a Pingo Doce which is cheap and well stocked, as well as Jaffers, Lidl in nearby Quarteira probably has limited baby supplies and Apolonia in Almancil is an international supermarket with a lot of overseas brands.

If you are using fresh milk , Gordo is full fat, meio gordo, is half fat.

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
17,249 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villamoura with a Baby

This one claims "now with direct import from Britain, we offer our customers more than 400 articles..." www.jafers.com/index_ficheiros/Page266.htm.

You'll also have companies to rent/buy baby supplies http://www.tinas-holidayextras.com/about_us.php; www.littlerascalsportugal.com/index.php…

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,260 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villamoura with a Baby

Jafers for Pot Noodles!

British civilisation reaches the Algarve.

I wonder what the prices are like.

Albufeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villamoura with a Baby

Pingo Doce gets my vote on prices and product range.

Belfast
Level Contributor
230 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Villamoura with a Baby

If you have a car then as previously stated Apollonia in Almancil stocks everything and all the brands you find at home.

London, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Villamoura with a Baby

When you arrive, believe me you can relay and sit back , just contact www.tinas-holidayextras.com, they have all your baby needs! They're great,home delivery.

8. Re: Villamoura with a Baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 17:18