We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portuguese sim card

Coatbridge
Level Contributor
379 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Portuguese sim card

Can anyone recommend a pay as you go sim that will have data capabilities. Wanting a payg sim with data to stick in my phone so that I can get my emails and also connect my netbook to it and get online.

Had search online but didn't find much info. Any recommendations would would be most welcome. Thanks

Best Seller
Douro Valley Small-Group Tour with...
992 Reviews
from US$107.40*
Best Seller
Sintra and Cascais Small-Group Day...
1,196 Reviews
from US$89.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Fátima, Nazaré, and Óbidos...
754 Reviews
from US$89.50*
Toronto, ONT
Level Contributor
770 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Portuguese sim card

Use Vodafone See my post

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189100-i201-k4666…

About netbook working with the same card talk to the people at Vodafone shop. I assume you an unlocked stick USB modem

Edited: 12 October 2011, 19:22
Toronto, ONT
Level Contributor
770 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Portuguese sim card

I meant "I assume you got an unlocked stick USB modem"

Coatbridge
Level Contributor
379 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Portuguese sim card

I don't have a dongle. I just connect my phone (which is unlocked) to the netbook by usb and I can use the phone as the dongle. That is what I usually do when I'm abroad but have not needed to have internet access before in Portugal so not had to buy a sim. Thanks for the info. Most useful.

Cheers.

Toronto, ONT
Level Contributor
770 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Portuguese sim card

Connecting your phone will work fine; just ask them for connection settings and test on the spot.

5. Re: Portuguese sim card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 12:19