We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help find me my 1st holiday with the kids......

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Help find me my 1st holiday with the kids......

Can anyone recommend where to go for the 1st time with our kids aged 7 and 4. They have never been abroad or flown. Cant decide whether to go May, August or October.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Aljezur, Portugal
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help find me my 1st holiday with the kids......

I definately wouldn't go in August. Too crowded.

May is a great month, as is October.

My favourite 2 months though are June and September.

You wil have a great time, there is so much to do in the Algarve for kids.

Good luck

Babs

Aljezur, Portugal
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help find me my 1st holiday with the kids......

I definately wouldn't go in August. Too crowded.

May is a great month, as is October.

My favourite 2 months though are June and September.

You wil have a great time, there is so much to do in the Algarve for kids.

Good luck

Babs

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help find me my 1st holiday with the kids......

I agree with babsonline, I have been visiting the Algarve for last 11 years and August is fairly hectic as thousands of visitors come to the Algarve.

September and October are quieter and the weather last September was really sunny and hot.

Have you decided on where to stay and type of accomodation. Do the kids like beaches or are just as happy by the pool?

Let me know and I can see if I can help.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help find me my 1st holiday with the kids......

Thanks for your replies. My eldest daughter is at school and they do not allow time off term time which is why I am limited for dates.

We have stayed at Brisa Sol Albuferia and loved it but this was before children and we felt it was geared more towards couples.

They both love beaches in UK and my eldest is learning to swim so I expect she will love a pool.

I have been looking at First Choice holiday villages but they do seem expensive and I would be looking for an all-inclusive deal if possible.

Thanks x

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help find me my 1st holiday with the kids......

I can see your problem being tied to school holidays. As I have no children of school age I cannot help with All Inclusive deals. I have always booked self catering apartments mostly in Vilamoura even when my children were of school age.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,443 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help find me my 1st holiday with the kids......

I can see your problem being tied to school holidays. As I have no children of school age I cannot help with All Inclusive deals. I have always booked self catering apartments mostly in Vilamoura even when my children were of school age.

7. Re: Help find me my 1st holiday with the kids......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 11:15