We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday rental companies

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
248 posts
Save Topic
Holiday rental companies

Any suggestions on where to start? I need suggestions on reputable companies. Thank you

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday rental companies

This depends on what accommodation you are looking for: Hotel, Villa, Apartment and the location, Algarve, Silver Coast etc.

Ones I have used in the past for apartments are Holiday Lettings, Holiday Rentals ans Owners Direct.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday rental companies

Most holiday rentals are through owners' websites, like those mentioned above. There's also an Irish website called www.holidayhomesdirect.ie

As far as I know, the websites act purely as facilitators and do not provide any fallback cover if the person you are dealing with defrauds you. If you are dealing with an individual. all you can do is take precautions and make enquiries to make sure the property is genuine. With the various search engines, it should be relatively easy to find somewhere that there is a lot of back up to verify that the property is genuine.

I know of one company that provides accommodation in the Algarve where the contract would be with this company rather than directly with the property owners. Their name is Independent Villas. I'm sure there are a number of other companies offering a similar service.

Paul V

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
248 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday rental companies

Thank you so much for the information. I will pu it to work inmediatelly! Have a great summer!

4. Re: Holiday rental companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 21:40